digitalmars.D - What does this mean (a change in 0.150)

reply Cris <central_p hotmail.com> writes:
hat's New for D 0.150
Mar 18, 2006

New/Changed Features

     * Moved string.h functions from std.string to std.c.string.

I replaced std.string with std.c.string and now I get that kind of errors:

src\base\glee\glee.d(8324): undefined identifier module string.toString
src\base\glee\glee.d(8324): function expected before (), not module
string.toString of type void
src\base\glee\glee.d(8324): Can only append to dynamic arrays, not char[][] ~=
int

here is the line:

extList.names~=std.c.string.toString(extName);
Mar 28 2006
next sibling parent "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Cris" <central_p hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e0cavo$g93$1 digitaldaemon.com...
     * Moved string.h functions from std.string to std.c.string.
What it means is that old, C-style string functions that came from C's string.h have been moved to std.c.string. If you want to use the D-style string functions (which you do), you should still use std.string.
Mar 28 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent "Ameer Armaly" <ameer_armaly hotmail.com> writes:
"Cris" <central_p hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e0cavo$g93$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 hat's New for D 0.150
 Mar 18, 2006

 New/Changed Features

     * Moved string.h functions from std.string to std.c.string.

 I replaced std.string with std.c.string and now I get that kind of errors:

 src\base\glee\glee.d(8324): undefined identifier module string.toString
 src\base\glee\glee.d(8324): function expected before (), not module
 string.toString of type void
 src\base\glee\glee.d(8324): Can only append to dynamic arrays, not
 char[][] ~= int

 here is the line:

 extList.names~=std.c.string.toString(extName);
It means that to use C string functions you should import std.c.string; std.string is the same.
Mar 28 2006
prev sibling parent Cris <central_p hotmail.com> writes:
I've found the problem. My fault. It was too late at night too.
Mar 28 2006