digitalmars.D - Need any help?

reply weijiajun <weijiajun_member pathlink.com> writes:
Hi, I am a CS graduate who really likes development and have really started to
like D.  I am a student of Chuck Allison and when I was discussing some things
with him he said that I should come here to the newsgroup to see if there are
any items that you want added to the library that you would like help with or
anything else of that nature.  Just let me know.
Mar 23 2006
next sibling parent John Demme <me teqdruid.com> writes:
weijiajun wrote:

 Hi, I am a CS graduate who really likes development and have really
 started to
 like D.  I am a student of Chuck Allison and when I was discussing some
 things with him he said that I should come here to the newsgroup to see if
 there are any items that you want added to the library that you would like
 help with or
 anything else of that nature.  Just let me know.
I'll bet just about any of the projects over at dsource.org would love help! ~John Demme
Mar 23 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent Kyle Furlong <kylefurlong gmail.com> writes:
weijiajun wrote:
 Hi, I am a CS graduate who really likes development and have really started to
 like D.  I am a student of Chuck Allison and when I was discussing some things
 with him he said that I should come here to the newsgroup to see if there are
 any items that you want added to the library that you would like help with or
 anything else of that nature.  Just let me know.

A couple of suggestions: 1. GDC is a port of the dmd frontend to GCC. If you could work on this to bring it up to date with the current DMD release. Also integrating GDC with the different archetectures of GCC would be a HUGE plus. 2. DDL is a runtime linking support library in alpha. Cool stuff could be made with it. Talk to eric on www.dsource.org about it. 3. Ares is a replacement runtime for D, which is smaller and less feature rich than phobos, but wont make you puke on your keyboard. Ares is set to grow into a good replacement standard library with the addition of... 4. Mango is a web development library. As such it has support for IO, logging, xml, http, localization, etc. It is the most mature public piece of software written in D. As such it is the least in need of help.
Mar 24 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent reply clayasaurus <clayasaurus gmail.com> writes:
weijiajun wrote:
 Hi, I am a CS graduate who really likes development and have really started to
 like D.  I am a student of Chuck Allison and when I was discussing some things
 with him he said that I should come here to the newsgroup to see if there are
 any items that you want added to the library that you would like help with or
 anything else of that nature.  Just let me know.

DWT ( http://www.dsource.org/projects/dwt and digitalmars.D.dwt newsgroup here) most likely needs help porting to the Mac and Linux platforms.
Mar 24 2006
parent weijiajun <weijiajun_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <e00uae$1nvv$1 digitaldaemon.com>, clayasaurus says...
weijiajun wrote:
 Hi, I am a CS graduate who really likes development and have really started to
 like D.  I am a student of Chuck Allison and when I was discussing some things
 with him he said that I should come here to the newsgroup to see if there are
 any items that you want added to the library that you would like help with or
 anything else of that nature.  Just let me know.

DWT ( http://www.dsource.org/projects/dwt and digitalmars.D.dwt newsgroup here) most likely needs help porting to the Mac and Linux platforms.
Sounds good to me, I'll look into helping out with that, thankx for the direction.
Mar 24 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"weijiajun" <weijiajun_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:e00077$bqn$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi, I am a CS graduate who really likes development and have really
 started to
 like D.  I am a student of Chuck Allison and when I was discussing some
 things
 with him he said that I should come here to the newsgroup to see if there
 are
 any items that you want added to the library that you would like help with
 or
 anything else of that nature.  Just let me know.
Great to have your help. To get your feet wet with an easy project, one productive use of time is to go through the Phobos runtime library with -cov, and add unit test cases until there's 100% coverage. There's also going through various linux .h files and creating D imports for them. For a (much more) challenging task, the DWT ports can use any help they can get.
Mar 24 2006
prev sibling parent "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
"weijiajun" <weijiajun_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:e00077$bqn$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi, I am a CS graduate who really likes development and have really
 started to
 like D.  I am a student of Chuck Allison and when I was discussing some
 things
 with him he said that I should come here to the newsgroup to see if there
 are
 any items that you want added to the library that you would like help with
 or
 anything else of that nature.  Just let me know.
In Harmonia http://harmonia.terrainformatica.com/ we need to port from Java to D simple RichText Editor (in fact it is simplified HTML WYSIWYG editor) The goal is to implement D source code editor capable to colorize source code and edit HTML annotations/comments in WYSIWYG mode in single editor view. I think this will be extremely interesting for CS graduate and could be even a diploma project. At least it will be first editor of such kind using unique D feature to "compile" HTML files. Andrew.
Mar 25 2006