digitalmars.D - dsource.org project status

reply "Tony" <ignorethis nowhere.com> writes:
I've just had a quick look at the projects on dsource.org and noticed that
of about 70 entries, only 3 are listed as Stable/Production.

I was wondering:

1. Is there a limit to how long a project stays in the Planning - Alpha
states before it is categorised as abandonware and moved/removed by the site
admin(s)?

2. Is it worth discussing some sort of process for focusing development on
the most promising projects, eg Walters "blessing" of DWT?

Please note that this is in no way meant as a criticism of the work done on
dsource.org (particularly as I have never contributed anything!).  I'm just
a little concerned.

Tony
Melbourne, Australia
tonysZ-mailboxZ hotmailZ.com  (remove the Zs)
Feb 18 2006
next sibling parent reply "Derek Parnell" <derek psych.ward> writes:
 I've just had a quick look at the projects on dsource.org and noticed
 that
 of about 70 entries, only 3 are listed as Stable/Production.

 I was wondering:

 1. Is there a limit to how long a project stays in the Planning - Alpha
 states before it is categorised as abandonware and moved/removed by the
 site
 admin(s)?

 2. Is it worth discussing some sort of process for focusing development
 on
 the most promising projects, eg Walters "blessing" of DWT?

 Please note that this is in no way meant as a criticism of the work done
 on
 dsource.org (particularly as I have never contributed anything!).  I'm
 just
 a little concerned.
I agree that there are a lot of projects that seem to have stalled. However, a problem, that is only temporary, is that there is a seeming lack of activity at www.dsource.org. There is some activity instead over at trac.dsource.org. For example, there is another project I'm working on and I update the Trac site and not the original dsource site. I think that Brad (dsource's admin) is going to migrate all the stuff from www.dsource to trac.dsource, but that takes time. -- Derek Parnell Melbourne, Australia
Feb 18 2006
parent "Tony" <ignorethis nowhere.com> writes:
"Derek Parnell" <derek psych.ward> wrote in message
news:op.s464uwfc6b8z09 ginger.vic.bigpond.net.au...
[...]

Thanks Derek. I wasn't aware of the existence of trac.dsource. Tony Melbourne, Australia tonysZ-mailboxZ hotmailZ.com (remove the Zs)
Feb 18 2006
prev sibling parent reply "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
Yea a 'clean-up' of stalled projects, or even moving them out of the main
projects listing , would probably help alot.

"Tony" <ignorethis nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:dt8ffm$6q2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Feb 19 2006
parent reply James Dunne <james.jdunne gmail.com> writes:
Charles wrote:
[...]

Feb 20 2006
parent "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
Yea I have some dead ones too, elephant and dig-dug .

"James Dunne" <james.jdunne gmail.com> wrote in message
news:dtdh7h$2sbt$1 digitaldaemon.com...