digitalmars.D - Borland plans to sale their IDE product line?

reply "Shawn Liu" <shawn666.liu gmail.com> writes:
http://www.borland.com/us/company/news/press_releases/2006/02_08_06_borland_acquires_segue_software.html

http://blogs.borland.com/davidi/archive/2006/02/08/23013.aspx
Feb 11 2006
parent reply "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
I wonder how much Eclipse affected this .

This is a shame, I always thought Delphi's GUI / RAD Builder IDE was the
best out there.

And it looks like the name Borland is going too.

Charlie

"Shawn Liu" <shawn666.liu gmail.com> wrote in message
news:dsl6ks$2cma$1 digitaldaemon.com...

http://www.borland.com/us/company/news/press_releases/2006/02_08_06_borland_
acquires_segue_software.html
 http://blogs.borland.com/davidi/archive/2006/02/08/23013.aspx
Feb 13 2006
parent Dave <Dave_member pathlink.com> writes:
I think .NET dev. tools may have had the most to do with this.

Linux was a big opportunity for them I think, just as it is for D, but they did
two things wrong: Didn't support standard C++ as well as Delphi Pascal on Linux,
and then used Wine emulation for their GUI lib. platform on Linux. From what I
know of Linux developers, those would have blown the Linux market for them
before it was even released.

They started an effort a while ago to create a new C++ IDE with wxWindows as the
GUI part of it, but that apparently died in favor of the ALM budget, and never
really got out of beta stage (plus it was built on their Java GUI framework,
IIRC, and performance of the IDE was spotty at best).

In article <dsqcf0$2e10$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Charles says...