digitalmars.D - RAD GUI - will be, or not ?

reply Yordan Yanakiev <Yordan_member pathlink.com> writes:
Is there some ready RAD GUI, or still has not ...
Becouse i have some ideas to create some free one ... :)
Jan 05 2006
parent reply Hasan Aljudy <hasan.aljudy gmail.com> writes:
Yordan Yanakiev wrote:
 Is there some ready RAD GUI, or still has not ...
 Becouse i have some ideas to create some free one ... :)

Does SWT count? There's a D port, DWT. Or do you mean a VS.NET-like IDE (form designer and all the bells & whistles)?
Jan 05 2006
parent reply Yordan Yanakiev <Yordan_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dpkk2s$7gh$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Hasan Aljudy says...
Yordan Yanakiev wrote:
 Is there some ready RAD GUI, or still has not ...
 Becouse i have some ideas to create some free one ... :)

Does SWT count? There's a D port, DWT. Or do you mean a VS.NET-like IDE (form designer and all the bells & whistles)?
yep ... i think about some like Delphi =)
Jan 06 2006
parent reply Chris Lajoie <ctlajoie___remove___this___ ___gmail.com> writes:
Tom S wrote:
 Yordan Yanakiev wrote:
 In article <dpkk2s$7gh$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Hasan Aljudy says...
 Does SWT count? There's a D port, DWT.
 Or do you mean a VS.NET-like IDE (form designer and all the bells &
 whistles)?
yep ... i think about some like Delphi =)
I don't think there's one for D. If you could do it, that would be great ! There's a popular demand for such a tool AFAIK. How about making it into the Poseidon editor ? It's open source, written in D and likely going to become the successor to Elephant.
Isn't that Poseidon's general goal to begin with? If not an IDE, I am not sure what it currently strives to be :) Chris
Jan 06 2006
next sibling parent Tom S <h3r3tic remove.mat.uni.torun.pl> writes:
Chris Lajoie wrote:
 Tom S wrote:

 Yordan Yanakiev wrote:

 In article <dpkk2s$7gh$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Hasan Aljudy says...

 Does SWT count? There's a D port, DWT.
 Or do you mean a VS.NET-like IDE (form designer and all the bells &
 whistles)?
yep ... i think about some like Delphi =)
I don't think there's one for D. If you could do it, that would be great ! There's a popular demand for such a tool AFAIK. How about making it into the Poseidon editor ? It's open source, written in D and likely going to become the successor to Elephant.
Isn't that Poseidon's general goal to begin with? If not an IDE, I am not sure what it currently strives to be :)
Jan 06 2006
prev sibling parent reply Yordan Yanakiev <Yordan_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dpm7b7$1cr1$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Chris Lajoie says...
Tom S wrote:
 Yordan Yanakiev wrote:
 In article <dpkk2s$7gh$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Hasan Aljudy says...
 Does SWT count? There's a D port, DWT.
 Or do you mean a VS.NET-like IDE (form designer and all the bells &
 whistles)?
yep ... i think about some like Delphi =)
I don't think there's one for D. If you could do it, that would be great ! There's a popular demand for such a tool AFAIK. How about making it into the Poseidon editor ? It's open source, written in D and likely going to become the successor to Elephant.
Isn't that Poseidon's general goal to begin with? If not an IDE, I am not sure what it currently strives to be :) Chris
ah ... seems like Poseidon acomplish most of my ideas ... so ... won't be developed a new one at all :)
Jan 06 2006
In article <dpm94n$1efq$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Yordan Yanakiev says...
Tom S wrote:
 Yordan Yanakiev wrote:
 In article <dpkk2s$7gh$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Hasan Aljudy says...
 Does SWT count? There's a D port, DWT.
 Or do you mean a VS.NET-like IDE (form designer and all the bells &
 whistles)?
yep ... i think about some like Delphi =)
I don't think there's one for D. If you could do it, that would be great ! There's a popular demand for such a tool AFAIK. How about making it into the Poseidon editor ? It's open source, written in D and likely going to become the successor to Elephant.
Isn't that Poseidon's general goal to begin with? If not an IDE, I am not sure what it currently strives to be :) Chris
ah ... seems like Poseidon acomplish most of my ideas ... so ... won't be developed a new one at all :)
I think that Poseidon is one of the best editors for D, but there are many editors that can work with D (to some extent): http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EditorSupport Also, there are many other (non-editing) tools that can be useful for D development: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReferenceForTools jcc7
Jan 06 2006
prev sibling parent "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
Poseidon is smooth but it doesnt have any GUI Building capabilities.

If you were to make a RAD GUI Builder for that would be _awesome_ , maybe
ask on the forum to get some helpers ?

http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

Charlie

news:dpm94n$1efq$1 digitaldaemon.com...