digitalmars.D - Way to get an HTML doc from XML + XSL combo?

reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
Now that there's a way to generate XML using DDoc, I was wondering how one
would convert an XML + XSL file combo which produces HTML into a single HTML
file.  Is there some simple tool out there to do this?  I.e. just get the
output after running the XML file through the XSL .. parser.  I'm not real
familiar with XML, sorry.  I tried opening the XML file in both IE and
Firefox, and they display it properly (like an HTML file), but viewing the
source just gives the source XML, not the translated HTML.
Oct 27 2005
next sibling parent "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
In the XML file there should be a <?xml-stylesheet href='foo.xsl' ?> which
controls display .  I was wondering that today if theres a tool to produce
just HTML from XML + XSL -- I need it too :).

Charlie

"Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:djr3k3$15v$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Now that there's a way to generate XML using DDoc, I was wondering how one
 would convert an XML + XSL file combo which produces HTML into a single
HTML
 file.  Is there some simple tool out there to do this?  I.e. just get the
 output after running the XML file through the XSL .. parser.  I'm not real
 familiar with XML, sorry.  I tried opening the XML file in both IE and
 Firefox, and they display it properly (like an HTML file), but viewing the
 source just gives the source XML, not the translated HTML.
Oct 27 2005
prev sibling parent reply pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <djr3k3$15v$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Jarrett Billingsley says...
Now that there's a way to generate XML using DDoc, I was wondering how one
would convert an XML + XSL file combo which produces HTML into a single HTML
file.  Is there some simple tool out there to do this?  I.e. just get the
output after running the XML file through the XSL .. parser.  I'm not real
familiar with XML, sorry.  I tried opening the XML file in both IE and
Firefox, and they display it properly (like an HTML file), but viewing the
source just gives the source XML, not the translated HTML.
It just so happens that I'm actually very interested in this approach, as I am building a news/blog engine that serves transformed XML files, some of which will be ddoc output. :) Anyway, there is AltovaXML which has a freebie XSL processor that is very solid, and quite fast: http://www.altova.com/altovaxml.html PHP 4 uses the Sablotron engine, which I'm presently using quite heavily (via PHP). Its very solid, and offers some great features (like implementing hooks for custom protocols://). I'd reccomend this if using a line-command tool isn't enough, and need to embark on using a custom-coded solution. http://www.gingerall.com/charlie/ga/xml/p_sab.xml AFAIK, there are no D headers out there for this, so please share if you write some up! :) - EricAnderton at yahoo
Oct 27 2005
parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"pragma" <pragma_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:djrd5p$q0d$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Anyway, there is AltovaXML which has a freebie XSL processor that is very
 solid,
 and quite fast:

 http://www.altova.com/altovaxml.html

 PHP 4 uses the Sablotron engine, which I'm presently using quite heavily
 (via
 PHP).  Its very solid, and offers some great features (like implementing
 hooks
 for custom protocols://).  I'd reccomend this if using a line-command tool
 isn't
 enough, and need to embark on using a custom-coded solution.

 http://www.gingerall.com/charlie/ga/xml/p_sab.xml

 AFAIK, there are no D headers out there for this, so please share if you
 write
 some up! :)
Sweet, thanks for the links, pragma! I might also work on making some D headers for Sablotron if Altova doesn't work out. That, and a nice XML lib for D would be great :) (that is, if there isn't one already)
Oct 27 2005
parent reply pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <djrf84$102g$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Jarrett Billingsley says...
[...]

You asked for it! How to get expat *compiled* and running with DMC/DMD: http://www.djsolaries.com/pragma/index.php?entryid=70 Mango has a SAX implementation: http://svn.dsource.org/projects/mango/trunk/mango/xml/ I have a custom-built XML parser that while SAX/Expat inspired, does things at a much lower level than those (also, is still under construction): http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsp/trunk/xml/ Please ignore the xpath and xslt subdirectories. These contain stub code for future development. If you have any questions on how to use it, feel free to write. - EricAnderton at yahoo
Oct 28 2005
parent "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"pragma" <pragma_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:djtbdf$1pq8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 You asked for it!

 How to get expat *compiled* and running with DMC/DMD:
 http://www.djsolaries.com/pragma/index.php?entryid=70

 Mango has a SAX implementation:
 http://svn.dsource.org/projects/mango/trunk/mango/xml/

 I have a custom-built XML parser that while SAX/Expat inspired, does
 things at a
 much lower level than those (also, is still under construction):
 http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsp/trunk/xml/

 Please ignore the xpath and xslt subdirectories.  These contain stub code
 for
 future development.  If you have any questions on how to use it, feel free
 write.
Nice! Now I have something (else) to work on :) I feel really guilty for not working on nonagon, but I just haven't really had long, unbroken periods of free time like I used to. Little things like this are all I can really keep up with. Thanks for the links again!
Oct 28 2005