digitalmars.D - [OT] What type of nerd are you ?

reply =?iso-8859-1?q?Knud_S=F8rensen?= <12tkvvb02 sneakemail.com> writes:
From the test in Walters "Code of the Nerd" post we know
that most people here is nerds.

But what type of nerd are you ?

This test
 http://www.oneminutemillionaire.com/tools/hots.asp

shows which type of role you should have in a project
to get the best result.

I am hare

Your Answers Indicate A Hare Role
Hare Role

APPROACH: Conceptual/Spontaneous

The Hare generates the concepts and ideas. They like to reframe the
problem and look for solutions that may be unusual, unique,and/or
outside the boundaries of traditional thought. Hares are good at
exploring alternatives and perceiving the "big picture".

Hares
want freedom from constraint, and when a rule exists they may break it.
They may act impulsively, letting their feelings guide them. They
derive satisfaction from the process of creating,discussing concepts
and ideas,and overcoming obstacles.

When everything is in its
place,the Hare may become restless,get impatient,and have a tendency to
move from one subject to another.

CONTRIBUTION: Fresh,original concepts that go beyond the obvious,and are not
constrained by fear of failure.

WEAKNESESS:
Because the Hare enjoys generating ideas, they may move from one idea
to another without stopping to evaluate the consequences.

If left
alone to refine concepts,they will solve the problem within the problem
within the problem,and eventually lose sight of the objective.

INSTINCT: Reframing problems to achieve breakthrough solutions,moving in
new directions,examining possibilities without regard to risk.
Oct 21 2005
next sibling parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Knud Sørensen" <12tkvvb02 sneakemail.com> wrote in message
news:pan.2005.10.21.11.10.50.73556 sneakemail.com...
 But what type of nerd are you ?
Ha, this one got me completely wrong. It called me a Hare too - it says I should be the idea man, and that I'm very creative. I'm anything but. Funny thing is that I'm also Aquarius (zodiac sign), which also says I should be creative. Did I miss something?
Oct 21 2005
parent reply =?iso-8859-1?q?Knud_S=F8rensen?= <12tkvvb02 sneakemail.com> writes:
 "Knud Sørensen" <12tkvvb02 sneakemail.com> wrote in message
 news:pan.2005.10.21.11.10.50.73556 sneakemail.com...
 But what type of nerd are you ?
Ha, this one got me completely wrong. It called me a Hare too - it says I should be the idea man, and that I'm very creative. I'm anything but. Funny thing is that I'm also Aquarius (zodiac sign), which also says I should be creative. Did I miss something?
Then what do you love to do ?? Hare love to find solutions and solve problems. Owls love to work with strategy an prioritising making todo lists etc. Turtles love analyzing and finding holes in plans and arguments. Squirrels love to work with the details and implement concrete system.
Oct 21 2005
parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Knud Sørensen" <12tkvvb02 sneakemail.com> wrote in message
news:pan.2005.10.21.14.07.23.152581 sneakemail.com...
 Then what do you love to do ??

 Hare love to find solutions and solve problems.
Oh, I do love to solve problems; hence, I love programming. However, I can never come up with an idea to begin with. I have to be given an idea by someone else, and then I take it and run with it.
Oct 21 2005
parent =?iso-8859-1?q?Knud_S=F8rensen?= <12tkvvb02 sneakemail.com> writes:
 "Knud Sørensen" <12tkvvb02 sneakemail.com> wrote in message
 news:pan.2005.10.21.14.07.23.152581 sneakemail.com...
 Then what do you love to do ??

 Hare love to find solutions and solve problems.
Oh, I do love to solve problems; hence, I love programming. However, I can never come up with an idea to begin with. I have to be given an idea by someone else, and then I take it and run with it.
You could be also be a squirrel, the difference between squirrel and hare is that squirrels is good at finishing a project. While the hare find it boring with all the details and would rather move one and work with ideas and concept for another project. I think squirrels is the type that do well at exam in school while the hare might be highly intelligent but would have a very hard time motivating for studding the same books a second time and would much rather use the time studying new ideas. I think Einstein would be a typical hare he didn't do well in school but he gave us some world class ideas.
Oct 21 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent Trevor Parscal <Trevor_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <pan.2005.10.21.11.10.50.73556 sneakemail.com>,
=?iso-8859-1?q?Knud_S=F8rensen?= says...
From the test in Walters "Code of the Nerd" post we know
[...]

I'm a Hare role too... Thanks, Trevor Parscal
Oct 21 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent Alexander Panek <alexander.panek brainsware.org> writes:
Knud Sørensen wrote:
 From the test in Walters "Code of the Nerd" post we know
[...]

I`m a Hare too..and it`s true..I love to create solutions in my head that are way better and totally different and stuff - but I 'sometimes' don`t finish them.. ;) Greetings, Alex
Oct 21 2005
prev sibling parent Carlos Santander <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
Knud Sørensen escribió:
 From the test in Walters "Code of the Nerd" post we know
 that most people here is nerds.

 But what type of nerd are you ?

 This test
  http://www.oneminutemillionaire.com/tools/hots.asp

 shows which type of role you should have in a project
 to get the best result.

 I am hare
I got the same, and it's true... -- Carlos Santander Bernal
Oct 21 2005