digitalmars.D - Harmonia Questions

reply James Dunne <james.jdunne gmail.com> writes:
Andrew,

I'm seriously interested in your Harmonia framework.  I have a few questions for
you.

1)  What version of the D compiler will compile what's at
svn://harmonia.dyndns.org/ ?  The latest revision as of this writing is 54.  I
think I recall you saying something about std.boxer issues, as I see you have it
included in your source tree (yuck).  I'd really like to compile this puppy!

2)  Do you plan support for console/text-mode rendering?  This would make it
easy to develop an application for both Win32 GUI and console mode, as well as
linux curses terminals.

3)  Why not move (or at least copy) your svn repo to dsource.org?

Regards,
James Dunne
Aug 27 2005
parent "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
Hi James,

"James Dunne" <james.jdunne gmail.com> wrote in message
news:deqbpq$1qrf$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Andrew,

 I'm seriously interested in your Harmonia framework.  I have a few
 questions for
 you.

 1)  What version of the D compiler will compile what's at
 svn://harmonia.dyndns.org/ ?  The latest revision as of this writing is
 54.  I
 think I recall you saying something about std.boxer issues, as I see you
 have it
 included in your source tree (yuck).  I'd really like to compile this
 puppy!
I've tested it with latest DMD version. So far so good. std.boxer is there just because of issues with compiled templates in Phobos and debugging. Cannot recall exactly what was the problem. Attempt was made to use boxer from Phobos. Failed for some resons (not convenient).
 2)  Do you plan support for console/text-mode rendering?  This would make
 it
 easy to develop an application for both Win32 GUI and console mode, as
 well as
 linux curses terminals.
No, as these modes ideologically to far. E.g. different coordinate systems, etc. Also HTML rendering...ummm.... Well, the lynx is there but...
 3)  Why not move (or at least copy) your svn repo to dsource.org?
We have such plan. There is some changes coming and after that I guess we will move it from svn://harmonia.dyndns.org to dsource. Andrew.
Aug 29 2005