digitalmars.D - D newsgroup traffic plot

reply "Ben Hinkle" <ben.hinkle gmail.com> writes:
Out of curiosity I made a plot of the number of posts to D newsgroups over
time. It's more dynamic than I thought:
http://home.comcast.net/~benhinkle/dnews.html
I included a zip file of all the data used to make the plot and it has
enough structure to allow for lots more analysis if anyone cares to poke
around.

-Ben

ps the whole analysis was done in MATLAB - naturally :-)
Aug 20 2005
next sibling parent John Demme <me teqdruid.com> writes:
It'd be interesting, also, to do analysis of each past year to determine,
statistically, which parts of the year tend to be post "lulls" and which
are the most active.  If I'm reading the graph correctly, mid 2004 (summer
2004) had more posts than the spring or fall- not what I suspected.

-John Demme

 Out of curiosity I made a plot of the number of posts to D newsgroups over
 time. It's more dynamic than I thought:
 http://home.comcast.net/~benhinkle/dnews.html
 I included a zip file of all the data used to make the plot and it has
 enough structure to allow for lots more analysis if anyone cares to poke
 around.

 -Ben

 ps the whole analysis was done in MATLAB - naturally :-)
Aug 21 2005
prev sibling parent "Kris" <fu bar.com> writes:
That /is/ interesting. I think some of us had probably noted the lull
pattern during autumn and winter, but I'd no idea it was so pronounced.

Nice one, Ben.

"Ben Hinkle" <ben.hinkle gmail.com> wrote in message
news:de7vkl$1lr2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Out of curiosity I made a plot of the number of posts to D newsgroups over
 time. It's more dynamic than I thought:
 http://home.comcast.net/~benhinkle/dnews.html
 I included a zip file of all the data used to make the plot and it has
 enough structure to allow for lots more analysis if anyone cares to poke
 around.

 -Ben

 ps the whole analysis was done in MATLAB - naturally :-)
Aug 24 2005