digitalmars.D - Debugger for D?

reply Chuck.Esterbrook /at/ gmail /dot/ com <Chuck.Esterbrook_member pathlink.com> writes:
What debuggers, if any, are people actually using with their DMD programs on
Windows? You know: setting breakpoints, examining a live stack when an error
occurs, etc.

Does the one with DMC work with DMD executables?
http://www.digitalmars.com/ugr/chapter23.html

Thanks,
-Chuck
Aug 15 2005
next sibling parent reply Derek Parnell <derek psych.ward> writes:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 06:34:58 +0000 (UTC), Chuck.Esterbrook /at/ gmail /dot/
 What debuggers, if any, are people actually using with their DMD programs on
 Windows? You know: setting breakpoints, examining a live stack when an error
 occurs, etc.
Real Programmers Don't Use Debuggers ;-) I am a bit of a luddite in this regard. I still use the odd writef() to 'trace' my code. As a consequence, I only make tiny code changes before each test run, in order to limit the debugging focus. Oh, that and unit tests. I suppose if there was a useful interactive GUI debugger that could really understand D internals etc ... I might be tempted into the dark side. -- Derek (skype: derek.j.parnell) Melbourne, Australia 16/08/2005 4:47:22 PM
Aug 15 2005
next sibling parent reply Chuck.Esterbrook /at/ gmail /dot/ com <Chuck.Esterbrook_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <xze9vkdbz6oq$.1uac3snm89ho3$.dlg 40tude.net>, Derek Parnell says...
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 06:34:58 +0000 (UTC), Chuck.Esterbrook /at/ gmail /dot/