digitalmars.D - Public Imports?

reply Trevor Parscal <trevorparscal hotmail.com> writes:
Why is it that if I have a module that I am using to import other
modules, it never works?

foo.d -----------------------
module foo;
int myfoo = 1;

bar.d -----------------------
module bar;
int mybar = 2;

everything.d ----------------
module everything;
public
{
	import foo;
	import bar;
}

test.d ----------------------
import everything;
import std.stdio;
import std.string;
int main(char[][] args)
{
	writefln(format(myfoo, mybar));
	return 0;
}

-----------------------------

In my mind, this should output "12"...

Instead I get

test.d(6): identifier 'myfoo' is not defined
test.d(6): identifier 'mybar' is not defined

can someone tell my the trick to this? I hate having to update the
imports of all the files all the time, so i want to centralize it...

And how do you use / what do you use

package

for? The documentation on modules and packages seemed a little vague.

--
Thanks,
Trevor Parscal
next sibling parent reply Phoenix <phoenix flareware.cz> writes:
Trevor Parscal napsal(a):
[...]

i think, that the code should be import everything; import std.stdio; import std.string; int main(char[][] args) { writefln(format(everything.foo.myfoo, everything.bar.mybar)); return 0; }

parent reply Trevor Parscal <trevorparscal hotmail.com> writes:
Phoenix wrote:
 Trevor Parscal napsal(a):

[...]

What if i don't want to write all that? How to do import something into the public level? Isn't that what the public keyword is all about? I thought using "everything.foo.myfoo", or actually "foo.myfoo" (i believe is the actual way to do that) was only to make clear which one to use in the case of a name conflict... Any ideas?

Trevor Parscal napsal(a):
 Phoenix wrote:

 Trevor Parscal napsal(a):

[...]

i`ve found this in documentation: import std.string; // std.string is added to the known scopes alias std.string.*; // alias all of std.string into the present scope (or it should be alias std.string.* *; ? i never tried this) everything.d ---------------- module everything; public { import foo; import bar; } alias foo.*; alias bar.*; main.d ---------------- import everything; alias everything.*; import std.stdio; import std.string; int main(char[][] args) { writefln(format(myfoo, mybar)); return 0; }

parent Carlos Santander <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
Phoenix escribió:
[...]

That's new to me. Where's that? -- Carlos Santander Bernal
Jun 02 2005
prev sibling parent "Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle mathworks.com> writes:
"Trevor Parscal" <trevorparscal hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:d7n3l1$1da4$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Why is it that if I have a module that I am using to import other modules,
 it never works?
It worked fine for me. Are you sure the posted code errors for you?
Jun 02 2005