digitalmars.D - Comparative Programming Languages

reply Derek Parnell <derek psych.ward> writes:
Here is an interesting site.

http://merd.sourceforge.net/pixel/language-study/syntax-across-languages/

It looks at languages from a syntax and functionality aspect.

--
Derek
Melbourne, Australia
next sibling parent "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Great! Send 'em the D contribution!

"Derek Parnell" <derek psych.ward> wrote in message
news:u285crt2dhz8$.c4va10m47ca8$.dlg 40tude.net...
 Here is an interesting site.

 http://merd.sourceforge.net/pixel/language-study/syntax-across-languages/

 It looks at languages from a syntax and functionality aspect.

 --
 Derek
 Melbourne, Australia
 26/05/2005 4:57:29 PM
May 26 2005
prev sibling parent Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Derek Parnell wrote:
 Here is an interesting site.

 http://merd.sourceforge.net/pixel/language-study/syntax-across-languages/

 It looks at languages from a syntax and functionality aspect.
Uh, spotted a few quirks: 1. "if case sensitive, what is the standard way for scrunching together multiple words" ... That isn't CamelCase. This is camelCase. Anyway, in Java at least, it's LikeThis for classes and likeThis for members, local variables and the like. 2. "assignment" ... "is Prolog" Prolog doesn't have assignment as such. Though there's a superficial resemblance in this instance.... 3. It seems to use "declaration" to mean multiple things. Stewart. -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox. Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
May 31 2005