digitalmars.D - Humour: misguided programmer set straight ...

reply "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
Best post in the D.Bugs forum:

 "Walter" wrote
 "Kris" wrote <snip>
 Am I completely off base here?
Most of the time, I doubt you'll notice any difference.
May 28 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
I don't get it. I think we need the full context if we're to see the joke

"Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> wrote in message
news:c982q9$2b44$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Best post in the D.Bugs forum:

 "Walter" wrote
 "Kris" wrote <snip>
 Am I completely off base here?
Most of the time, I doubt you'll notice any difference.
May 28 2004
parent reply "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
Forgive me; I thought it would be obvious:

Whilst intended to answer a previous question, the juxtaposition of Walter's
reply implied that I (Kris) am "completely off base" most of the time, but
I'll be unlikely to notice.

Guess you had to be there ... :-)

"Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> wrote in message
news:c98nq4$6cn$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I don't get it. I think we need the full context if we're to see the joke

 "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> wrote in message
 news:c982q9$2b44$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Best post in the D.Bugs forum:

 "Walter" wrote
 "Kris" wrote <snip>
 Am I completely off base here?
Most of the time, I doubt you'll notice any difference.
May 28 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
No, it was a good one. I'm just toast at the moment (STLSoft release imminent!!)

"Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> wrote in message
news:c98qmp$aam$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Forgive me; I thought it would be obvious:

 Whilst intended to answer a previous question, the juxtaposition of Walter's
 reply implied that I (Kris) am "completely off base" most of the time, but
 I'll be unlikely to notice.

 Guess you had to be there ... :-)

 "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> wrote in message
 news:c98nq4$6cn$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I don't get it. I think we need the full context if we're to see the joke

 "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> wrote in message
 news:c982q9$2b44$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Best post in the D.Bugs forum:

 "Walter" wrote
 "Kris" wrote <snip>
 Am I completely off base here?
Most of the time, I doubt you'll notice any difference.
May 28 2004
parent reply "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
Perhaps the funniest part is that he's probably correct ...

- Kris

"Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> wrote in message
news:c98t7v$dto$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

parent Simon J Mackenzie <project.d smackoz.fastmail.fm> writes:
Very nice
Simon

I'm smiling.  Seriously!

Kris wrote:
[...]