digitalmars.D - nested comment highlighting

reply "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
I finally decided to switch to something better than Notepad for editing D
source code,
so I did some searching and found one thing consistantly lacking...

Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's nested
comments correctly?
(I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even recognize
them.)

TZ
May 06 2005
next sibling parent reply Jason Mills <jmills cs.mun.ca> writes:
Does vim highlight them correctly? If not, could you send me an example
of the offending comments.

Thanks,
Jason

TechnoZeus wrote:
 I finally decided to switch to something better than Notepad for editing D
source code,
 so I did some searching and found one thing consistantly lacking...

 Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's nested
comments correctly?
 (I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even
recognize them.)

 TZ

May 06 2005
next sibling parent "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
news:d5ftkb$krg$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 TechnoZeus wrote:
 I finally decided to switch to something better than Notepad for editing D
source code,
 so I did some searching and found one thing consistantly lacking...

 Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's nested
comments correctly?
 (I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even
recognize them.)

 TZ
Actually, I was downloading Vim while typing that post... dial-up connection here, so that took a while. Anyway, it seems to handle them pretty well... but I think it has trouble in certain cases. For example, /+ +/ is interpreted as a comment begin and end, while things like /+/+ +/+/ seem to mess it up. I'm doing this from memory, so forgive me if my explanation of the example is not 100% accurate, but it seems to me that /+/+ was interpreted as a single comment start, and so was +/+/ (probably because of the /+ in between the + and / at the beginning and end of the non-space sequence... although I don't think that's how it was supposed to work.)... but Vim is the first and so far only one that I've found so far that handles them correctly at all. I see half a dozen other replies here though, so I'm looking forward to reading them to see if any others are mentioned. Thanks to everyone who replied. Much appreciated. TZ
May 06 2005
 TechnoZeus wrote:
 I finally decided to switch to something better than Notepad for editing D
source code,
 so I did some searching and found one thing consistantly lacking...

 Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's nested
comments correctly?
 (I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even
recognize them.)

 TZ
Does vim highlight them correctly? If not, could you send me an example of the offending comments. Thanks, Jason
Here's an example I just tested... const int IDC_Button1 = 101; /+/+ const int IDC_Button2 = 102; /+ const int IDC_Button3 = 103; const int IDC_Button4 = 104; const int IDC_Button5 = 105; +/ const int IDC_Button6 = 106; const int IDC_Button7 = 107; const int IDC_Button8 = 108; +/+/ shouldn't be commented, but is +/ +/ still commented here too. +/ const int IDC_Button9 = 109; Still... works the best of any I have tried so far. Too bad it's so cryptic.... still, looks like it's probably worth the time to learn. TZ
May 07 2005
parent reply Manfred Nowak <svv1999 hotmail.com> writes:
"TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> wrote:

[...]
 Here's an example I just tested...
[...]
 +/+/ shouldn't be commented, but is +/ +/ still commented here
That is a bug in vim with all patterns like that, not just the D nested comments. If "+/+/" is separated to "+/ +/" it works okay. -manfred
May 09 2005
parent reply "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
"Manfred Nowak" <svv1999 hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:d5n418$a1v$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> wrote:

 [...]
 Here's an example I just tested...
[...]
 +/+/ shouldn't be commented, but is +/ +/ still commented here
That is a bug in vim with all patterns like that, not just the D nested comments. If "+/+/" is separated to "+/ +/" it works okay. -manfred
Yep. Noticed that, thanks. Seems it recognizes the /+ in the middle of +/+/ but not the +/ at the beginning or end of it. I'm thinking there may be a way of fixing that, but I still have a lot to learn about Vim syntax files before I can even try. By the way, could you (or anyone) tell me how to change the commented text in Vim from the bright blue that it is in D files by default to perhaps a light grey or dark green italic, or better yet, to leave it's foreground color alone and change it's background color from white to light grey? TZ
May 09 2005
parent Jason Mills <jmills cs.mun.ca> writes:
TechnoZeus wrote:
 By the way, could you (or anyone) tell me how to change the commented text in
Vim
 from the bright blue that it is in D files by default to perhaps a light grey
or dark green italic,
 or better yet, to leave it's foreground color alone and change it's background
color from white to light grey?

see :help syntax :help highlight :help colorscheme Syntax colors are completely customizable by creating your own syntax color file (e.g. mysyn.vim), placing it <installDir>/vimfiles/colors, and setting colorscheme mysyn in your .vimrc or .gvimrc files. For examples of color scheme files, see <installDir>/vimXX/colors. The color you are seeing are a result of vim loading its default .vimrc file, which loads the default colorscheme file. To achieve the color you want, for example, use a command something like the following in your syntax file. highlight Comment guifg=Gray65 gui=italic If you don't want to create color scheme files, simply add lines like the above directly to you .vimrc file. Jason
May 09 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Derek Parnell <derek psych.ward> writes:
 I finally decided to switch to something better than Notepad for editing D
source code,
 so I did some searching and found one thing consistantly lacking...

 Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's nested
comments correctly?
 (I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even
recognize them.)
I use Crimson Editor and I can get the /+ +/ blocks nested as 'ranges'. Here is my D.SPC file ... $CASESENSITIVE=YES $HEXADECIMALMARK=0x $ESCAPECHAR=\ $QUOTATIONMARK1=" $QUOTATIONMARK2=' $LINECOMMENT=// $RANGE1BEG=/+ $RANGE1END=+/ $BLOCKCOMMENTON=/* $BLOCKCOMMENTOFF=*/ $INDENTATIONON={ $INDENTATIONOFF=} $PAIRS1=() $PAIRS2=[] $PAIRS3={} -- Derek Parnell Melbourne, Australia 7/05/2005 1:25:10 AM
May 06 2005
next sibling parent reply Mike Parker <aldacron71 yahoo.com> writes:
Derek Parnell wrote:
 I use Crimson Editor and I can get the /+ +/ blocks nested as 'ranges'.

 Here is my D.SPC file ...

I second this. I started using Crimson Editor when I first started with D, and now use it for nearly everything else I work with.
May 06 2005
parent zwang <nehzgnaw gmail.com> writes:
Mike Parker wrote:
 Derek Parnell wrote:

 I use Crimson Editor and I can get the /+ +/ blocks nested as 'ranges'.
 Here is my D.SPC file ...
I second this. I started using Crimson Editor when I first started with D, and now use it for nearly everything else I work with.
Crimson Editor didn't leave me a good impression. For example, try to compile the following D code and capture its run-time output in Crimson Editor: import std.stdio; int main(){ for(int i=0; i<8195; ++i) putchar('0'); return 0; }
May 06 2005
prev sibling parent reply "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
"Derek Parnell" <derek psych.ward> wrote in message
news:1d50myy9khjqy$.1x2a90nhntzht.dlg 40tude.net...
 I finally decided to switch to something better than Notepad for editing D
source code,
 so I did some searching and found one thing consistantly lacking...

 Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's nested
comments correctly?
 (I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even
recognize them.)
I use Crimson Editor and I can get the /+ +/ blocks nested as 'ranges'. Here is my D.SPC file ... $CASESENSITIVE=YES $HEXADECIMALMARK=0x $ESCAPECHAR=\ $QUOTATIONMARK1=" $QUOTATIONMARK2=' $LINECOMMENT=// $RANGE1BEG=/+ $RANGE1END=+/ $BLOCKCOMMENTON=/* $BLOCKCOMMENTOFF=*/ $INDENTATIONON={ $INDENTATIONOFF=} $PAIRS1=() $PAIRS2=[] $PAIRS3={} -- Derek Parnell Melbourne, Australia 7/05/2005 1:25:10 AM
Ranges, huh? I'll have to try that. Thanks. TZ
May 06 2005
parent reply "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
Nope... Didn't work.

In this example using /+ and +/ as range1...

/+
/+
    break;
    case IDC_Button3: // Breed Pool
    if (HIWORD(wParam) == BN_CLICKED)
+/
hmmm.
+/

The "hmmm" is colored as normal text.

I also tried setting /+ and +/ as both range1 and range2 but the results were
identical.

Thanks though, just the same.

TZ
May 07 2005
parent reply Derek Parnell <derek psych.ward> writes:
 In this example using /+ and +/ as range1...

 /+
 /+
     break;
     case IDC_Button3: // Breed Pool
     if (HIWORD(wParam) == BN_CLICKED)
 +/
 hmmm.
 +/

 The "hmmm" is colored as normal text.

 I also tried setting /+ and +/ as both range1 and range2 but the results were
identical.

 Thanks though, just the same.
Your right. I thought I tested this and it worked, but I can see now that I made a mistake. Sorry to send you astray. -- Derek Parnell Melbourne, Australia 7/05/2005 7:59:36 PM
May 07 2005
parent "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
"Derek Parnell" <derek psych.ward> wrote in message
news:1qs7acdznoxou$.10bep1hruvirs.dlg 40tude.net...
 In this example using /+ and +/ as range1...

 /+
 /+
     break;
     case IDC_Button3: // Breed Pool
     if (HIWORD(wParam) == BN_CLICKED)
 +/
 hmmm.
 +/

 The "hmmm" is colored as normal text.

 I also tried setting /+ and +/ as both range1 and range2 but the results were
identical.

 Thanks though, just the same.
Your right. I thought I tested this and it worked, but I can see now that I made a mistake. Sorry to send you astray. -- Derek Parnell Melbourne, Australia 7/05/2005 7:59:36 PM
Quite alright. Your post inspired me to edit the d.key file, so now I've got one that I like better than the one that came with it... even though Crimson still doesn't handle nested comments correctly. Here's the text of my new d.key file, in case you want to give it a try... [-COMMENT-:GLOBAL] [KEYWORDS0:GLOBAL] #Flow asm break case catch continue default do else finally for foreach goto if return switch synchronized throw try volatile while with [KEYWORDS1:GLOBAL] #Primary assert false import module null super this true typeid unittest [KEYWORDS2:GLOBAL] #Attrib body deprecated export extern instance lib msg package pragma private protected public [KEYWORDS3:GLOBAL] #Storage abstract auto const final in inout out override static align even naked offset seg ptr [KEYWORDS4:GLOBAL] #Basics bit byte cdouble cent cfloat char creal dchar double float idouble ifloat int ireal long ptrdiff_t real short size_t ubyte ucent uint ulong ushort void wchar [KEYWORDS5:GLOBAL] #User alias class delegate enum function interface invariant mixin struct template typedef typeof union [KEYWORDS6:GLOBAL] #Properties alignof dig dup epsilon infinity init keys length mant_dig max max_10_exp max_exp min min_10_exp min_exp nan offsetof rehash reverse sizeof sort values _argptr _arguments [KEYWORDS7:GLOBAL] #Operators call cast delete is new opAdd opAddAssign opAdd_r opAnd opAndAssign opAnd_r opApply opCall opCast opCat opCatAssign opCat_r opCmp opCmp opCom opDiv opDivAssign opDiv_r opEquals opIndex opIndexAssign opMod opModAssign opMod_r opMul opMulAssign opMul_r opNeg opOr opOrAssign opOr_r opPos opPostDec opPostInc opShl opShlAssign opShl_r opShr opShrAssign opShr_r opSlice opSub opSubAssign opSub_r opUShr opUShrAssign opUShr_r opXor opXorAssign opXor_r toHash type var [KEYWORDS8:GLOBAL] #Version all BigEndian debug DigitalMars D_InlineAsm linux LittleEndian none version Win32 Win64 Windows X86 X86_64 [KEYWORDS9:GLOBAL] #Registers AH AL AX BH BL BP BX CH CL CR0 CR2 CR3 CR4 CS CX DH DI DL DR0 DR1 DR2 DR3 DR6 DR7 DS DX EAX EBP EBX ECX EDI EDX ES ESI ESP FS GS MM0 MM1 MM2 MM3 MM4 MM5 MM6 MM7 SI SP SS ST TR3 TR4 TR5 TR6 TR7 #TechnoZeus
May 07 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Julio_C=E9sar_Carrascal_Urquijo?= writes:
TechnoZeus wrote:
 (...)
 Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's nested
comments correctly?
 (I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even
recognize them.)
TextPad (http://www.textpad.com/) allows tree kinds of comments (Just like D). I can send you my syntax file if you want.
May 06 2005
parent Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Julio César Carrascal Urquijo wrote:
 TechnoZeus wrote:

 (...)
 Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's
 nested comments correctly?
 (I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even
 recognize them.)
TextPad (http://www.textpad.com/) allows tree kinds of comments (Just like D). I can send you my syntax file if you want.
"highlights D's *nested* comments *correctly*". Unless you've found some obscure hack, then current versions of TextPad don't support nested comments at all. Stewart. -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox. Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
May 09 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
In article <d5fl04$bn3$1 digitaldaemon.com>, TechnoZeus says...
I finally decided to switch to something better than Notepad for editing D
source code,
so I did some searching and found one thing consistantly lacking...

Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's nested
comments correctly?
(I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even recognize
them.)
Check the Wiki if you haven't already: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EditorSupport The hilighting works just fine with UltraEdit, so far as I can tell. Sean
May 06 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent "Carlos Santander B." <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
TechnoZeus wrote:
 I finally decided to switch to something better than Notepad for editing D
source code,
 so I did some searching and found one thing consistantly lacking...

 Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's nested
comments correctly?
 (I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even
recognize them.)

 TZ

jEdit does it. -- Carlos Santander Bernal
May 06 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Vathix <vathix dprogramming.com> writes:
On Fri, 06 May 2005 07:33:09 -0400, TechnoZeus <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com>
 I finally decided to switch to something better than Notepad for editing
 D source code,
 so I did some searching and found one thing consistantly lacking...

 Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's nested
 comments correctly?
 (I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even
 recognize them.)

 TZ
Since nested comments are for commenting out code, I like when its contents stays colored as code. Although, it would be nice if the background color changed a bit.
May 07 2005
parent reply "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
"Vathix" <vathix dprogramming.com> wrote in message
news:op.sqems1hckcck4r esi...
 On Fri, 06 May 2005 07:33:09 -0400, TechnoZeus <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com>
 I finally decided to switch to something better than Notepad for editing
 D source code,
 so I did some searching and found one thing consistantly lacking...

 Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's nested
 comments correctly?
 (I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even
 recognize them.)

 TZ
Since nested comments are for commenting out code, I like when its contents stays colored as code. Although, it would be nice if the background color changed a bit.
That's what Crimson Editor does... changes the background on commented text. It's unfortunate that it doesn't seem to support nested comments. Perhaps a letter to the author would be in order. Couldn't hurt, I suppose. TZ
May 07 2005
parent "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
"TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> wrote in message
news:d5ih68$2l90$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

I need to correct myself on this statement. It was doing that for me, inside of /+ and +/ comment markers, because I had set it up according to Derek's suggestion, and defined a background color for RANGE1. Actual comment text, it colors... and can be optionally set to show in italics also. I've since edited by d.spc file further, and with a little experimenting, I have improved the functionality "slightly" although it's not really a fix for the problem. If you try this example with the modified d.spc and d.key files /++ which I will include here after the example ++/ you will see that /+ this text is shaded if you set up a background color for RANGE2 /++ and this is treated as comment text ++/ while this back to RANGE2 text +/ and I have set up RANGE1 for the inline assembler... asm{ where keywords like AH and adc are hilighted as ASM keywords} but unfortunately, RANGE1BEG is case insensative, so the word ASM in all upper case will also cause the RANGE2 {hilighting} to begin, even though D won't recognize it as an assembly block. Okay, here's my modified files... (between the begin and end tags)... <file d.spc> Derek Parnell $CASESENSITIVE=YES $MULTILINESTRINGCONSTANT=YES $VARIABLEHIGHLIGHTINSTRING=YES $HEXADECIMALMARK=0x $ESCAPECHAR=\ $QUOTATIONMARK1=" $QUOTATIONMARK2=' $QUOTATIONMARK3=` $LINECOMMENT=// $BLOCKCOMMENTON=/* $BLOCKCOMMENTOFF=*/ $BLOCKCOMMENT2ON=/++ $BLOCKCOMMENT2OFF=++/ $QUOTATIONMARKRANGE $LINECOMMENTRANGE $BLOCKCOMMENTRANGE $RANGE1BEG=asm $RANGE1END=} $RANGE2BEG=/+ $RANGE2END=+/ $INDENTATIONON={ $INDENTATIONOFF=} $PAIRS1=() $PAIRS2=[] $PAIRS3={} </file d.spc> <file d.key> [-COMMENT-:GLOBAL] [KEYWORDS0:RANGE1] #Registers AH AL AX BH BL BP BX CH CL CR0 CR2 CR3 CR4 CS CX DH DI DL DR0 DR1 DR2 DR3 DR6 DR7 DS DX EAX EBP EBX ECX EDI EDX ES ESI ESP FS GS MM0 MM1 MM2 MM3 MM4 MM5 MM6 MM7 SI SP SS ST TR3 TR4 TR5 TR6 TR7 [KEYWORDS1:RANGE1] aaa aad aam aas adc add addpd addps addsd addss addsubpd addsubps and andnpd andnps andpd andps arpl bound bsf bsr bswap bt btc btr bts call cbw cdq clc cld clflush cli clts cmc cmova cmovae cmovb cmovbe cmovc cmove cmovg cmovge cmovl cmovle cmovna cmovnae cmovnb cmovnbe cmovnc cmovne cmovng cmovnge cmovnl cmovnle cmovno cmovnp cmovns cmovnz cmovo cmovp cmovpe cmovpo cmovs cmovz cmp cmppd cmpps cmps cmpsb cmpsd cmpss cmpsw cmpxch8b cmpxchg comisd comiss cpuid cvtdq2pd cvtdq2ps cvtpd2dq cvtpd2pi cvtpd2ps cvtpi2pd cvtpi2ps cvtps2dq cvtps2pd cvtps2pi cvtsd2si cvtsd2ss cvtsi2sd cvtsi2ss cvtss2sd cvtss2si cvttpd2dq cvttpd2pi cvttps2dq cvttps2pi cvttsd2si cvttss2si cwd cwde da daa das db dd de dec df di div divpd divps divsd divss dl dq ds dt dw emms enter f2xm1 fabs fadd faddp fbld fbstp fchs fclex fcmovb fcmovbe fcmove fcmovnb fcmovnbe fcmovne fcmovnu fcmovu fcom fcomi fcomip fcomp fcompp fcos fdecstp fdisi fdiv fdivp fdivr fdivrp feni ffree fiadd ficom ficomp fidiv fidivr fild fimul fincstp finit fist fistp fisttp fisub fisubr fld fld1 fldcw fldenv fldl2e fldl2t fldlg2 fldln2 fldpi fldz fmul fmulp fnclex fndisi fneni fninit fnop fnsave fnstcw fnstenv fnstsw fpatan fprem fprem1 fptan frndint frstor fsave fscale fsetpm fsin fsincos fsqrt fst fstcw fstenv fstp fstsw fsub fsubp fsubr fsubrp ftst fucom fucomi fucomip fucomp fucompp fwait fxam fxch fxrstor fxsave fxtract fyl2x fyl2xp1 haddpd haddps hlt hsubpd hsubps idiv imul in inc ins insb insd insw int into invd invlpg iret iretd ja jae jb jbe jc jcxz je jecxz jg jge jl jle jmp jna jnae jnb jnbe jnc jne jng jnge jnl jnle jno jnp jns jnz jo jp jpe jpo js jz lahf lar lddqu ldmxcsr lds lea leave les lfence lfs lgdt lgs lidt lldt lmsw lock lods lodsb lodsd lodsw loop loope loopne loopnz loopz lsl lss ltr maskmovdqu maskmovq maxpd maxps maxsd maxss mfence minpd minps minsd minss monitor mov movapd movaps movd movddup movdq2q movdqa movdqu movhlps movhpd movhps movlhps movlpd movlps movmskpd movmskps movntdq movnti movntpd movntps movntq movq movq2dq movs movsb movsd movshdup movsldup movss movsw movsx movupd movups movzx mul mulpd mulps mulsd mulss mwait neg nop not or orpd orps out outs outsb outsd outsw packssdw packsswb packuswb paddb paddd paddq paddsb paddsw paddusb paddusw paddw pand pandn pavgb pavgusb pavgw pcmpeqb pcmpeqd pcmpeqw pcmpgtb pcmpgtd pcmpgtw pextrw pf2id pfacc pfadd pfcmpeq pfcmpge pfcmpgt pfmax pfmin pfmul pfnacc pfpnacc pfrcp pfrcpit1 pfrcpit2 pfrsqit1 pfrsqrt pfsub pfsubr pi2fd pinsrw pmaddwd pmaxsw pmaxub pminsw pminub pmovmskb pmulhrw pmulhuw pmulhw pmullw pmuludq pop popa popad popf popfd por prefetchnta prefetcht0 prefetcht1 prefetcht2 psadbw pshufd pshufhw pshuflw pshufw pslld pslldq psllq psllw psrad psraw psrld psrldq psrlq psrlw psubb psubd psubq psubsb psubsw psubusb psubusw psubw pswapd punpckhbw punpckhdq punpckhqdq punpckhwd punpcklbw punpckldq punpcklqdq punpcklwd push pusha pushad pushf pushfd pxor rcl rcpps rcpss rcr rdmsr rdpmc rdtsc rep repe repne repnz repz ret retf rol ror rsm rsqrtps rsqrtss sahf sal sar sbb scas scasb scasd scasw seta setae setb setbe setc sete setg setge setl setle setna setnae setnb setnbe setnc setne setng setnge setnl setnle setno setnp setns setnz seto setp setpe setpo sets setz sfence sgdt shl shld shr shrd shufpd shufps sidt sldt smsw sqrtpd sqrtps sqrtsd sqrtss stc std sti stmxcsr stos stosb stosd stosw str sub subpd subps subsd subss sysenter sysexit test ucomisd ucomiss ud2 unpckhpd unpckhps unpcklpd unpcklps verr verw wait wbinvd wrmsr xadd xchg xlat xlatb xor xorpd xorps [KEYWORDS2:RANGE1] align even naked offset seg ptr [KEYWORDS0:GLOBAL] #Flow asm break case catch continue default do else finally for foreach goto if return switch synchronized throw try volatile while with [KEYWORDS1:GLOBAL] #Primary assert false import module null super this true typeid unittest [KEYWORDS2:GLOBAL] #Attrib body deprecated export extern instance lib msg package pragma private protected public [KEYWORDS3:GLOBAL] #Storage abstract auto const final in inout out override static align even naked offset seg ptr [KEYWORDS4:GLOBAL] #Basics bit byte cdouble cent cfloat char creal dchar double float idouble ifloat int ireal long ptrdiff_t real short size_t ubyte ucent uint ulong ushort void wchar [KEYWORDS5:GLOBAL] #User alias class delegate enum function interface invariant mixin struct template typedef typeof union [KEYWORDS6:GLOBAL] #Properties alignof dig dup epsilon infinity init keys length mant_dig max max_10_exp max_exp min min_10_exp min_exp nan offsetof rehash reverse sizeof sort values _argptr _arguments [KEYWORDS7:GLOBAL] #Operators call cast delete is new opAdd opAddAssign opAdd_r opAnd opAndAssign opAnd_r opApply opCall opCast opCat opCatAssign opCat_r opCmp opCmp opCom opDiv opDivAssign opDiv_r opEquals opIndex opIndexAssign opMod opModAssign opMod_r opMul opMulAssign opMul_r opNeg opOr opOrAssign opOr_r opPos opPostDec opPostInc opShl opShlAssign opShl_r opShr opShrAssign opShr_r opSlice opSub opSubAssign opSub_r opUShr opUShrAssign opUShr_r opXor opXorAssign opXor_r toHash type var [KEYWORDS8:GLOBAL] #Version all BigEndian debug DigitalMars D_InlineAsm linux LittleEndian none version Win32 Win64 Windows X86 X86_64 [KEYWORDS9:GLOBAL] </file d.key> That's it... Not perfect, but an improvement, in my opinion. TZ
May 07 2005
prev sibling parent reply "Charlie" <charles jwavro.com> writes:
The new Elephant highlights these correctly.

Charlie

"TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> wrote in message
news:d5fl04$bn3$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I finally decided to switch to something better than Notepad for editing D
source code,
 so I did some searching and found one thing consistantly lacking...

 Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's nested
comments correctly?
 (I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even
recognize them.)
 TZ
May 07 2005
parent "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
"Charlie" <charles jwavro.com> wrote in message
news:d5irkh$2qiu$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> wrote in message
 news:d5fl04$bn3$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I finally decided to switch to something better than Notepad for editing D
source code,
 so I did some searching and found one thing consistantly lacking...

 Does anyone here know of a source code editor that highlights D's nested
comments correctly?
 (I've found that some highlight them incorrectly, but most don't even
recognize them.)
 TZ
The new Elephant highlights these correctly. Charlie
I was looking for that recently, but couldn't find a download link that worked, to try it out from. Would you happen to have one? TZ
May 07 2005