digitalmars.D - Looking for a better source of information

reply "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
Could someone here please point me in the direction of a better source of
information?

I'm trying to give my application an icon using a .ico file as the resource to
load it from,
and I'm running into a little trouble.  Since it seems most of the people here
have kept up on
their C and/or C++ programming, I'm guessing this should seem so easy that
you'll
probably wonder why I even have to ask... but the fact is, I don't know what
integer values
are represented by such enum values as LR_DEFAULTCOLOR and such.

Here's a link to the page I'm looking at right now...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/resources/introductiontoresources/resourcereference/resourcefunctions/loadimage.asp

Not very helpful at all.

I would appreciate any help on this,
whether a simple compileable example or a link to a more informative web page,
or whatever.

TZ
Apr 29 2005
next sibling parent reply "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
LR_DEFAULTCOLOR  & co. constants defined in WinUser.h (Windows SDK)
(see bottom of page your provided)

Windows SDK is freely available on Microsoft site.

Andrew.

"TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> wrote in message
news:d4tkae$12nr$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

parent "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
"Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> wrote in message
news:d4tmi0$151r$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Thanks. Not sure why I didn't think of that. I suppose it's probably because I never have liked any of the Microsoft Windows SDKs. Couldn't find the link for it at the bottom of that page, but I did manage to find a download site... then after several hours of downloading, my ISP disconnected me with a few kilobytes to go and aborted the download. When I'm feeling up to a little more torture, perhaps I'll try it again. Hehe. Either way... nice of you to point it out. :) TZ
Apr 30 2005
prev sibling parent reply David L. Davis <SpottedTiger yahoo.com> writes:
In article <d4tkae$12nr$1 digitaldaemon.com>, TechnoZeus says...
 ... "I don't know what integer values are represented by such enum values
 as LR_DEFAULTCOLOR and such."

TZ
You could download the Windows' include file converted to D, and check out the winuser.d file. * The Japanese author's web site for the Windows headers for D these are the converted header files being imported below. http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA028375/d/windows.h.html * The direct download for the Windows headers for D http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA028375/d/lib_dmd_windows.7z * 7-Zip Home - to unzip the .7z file here: http://www.7-zip.org/ --------------------------------- Also here all of the enum LR_ listed from the WinUser.h within an older Borland C\C++ compiler's include\win32\winbase.h file. #define LR_DEFAULTCOLOR 0x0000 #define LR_MONOCHROME 0x0001 #define LR_COLOR 0x0002 #define LR_COPYRETURNORG 0x0004 #define LR_COPYDELETEORG 0x0008 #define LR_LOADFROMFILE 0x0010 #define LR_LOADTRANSPARENT 0x0020 #define LR_DEFAULTSIZE 0x0040 #define LR_VGACOLOR 0x0080 #define LR_LOADMAP3DCOLORS 0x1000 #define LR_CREATEDIBSECTION 0x2000 #define LR_COPYFROMRESOURCE 0x4000 #define LR_SHARED 0x8000 Hope this helps you out, David L. ------------------------------------------------------------------- "Dare to reach for the Stars...Dare to Dream, Build, and Achieve!" ------------------------------------------------------------------- MKoD: http://spottedtiger.tripod.com/D_Language/D_Main_XP.html
Apr 29 2005
parent "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
news:d4tqa2$18p2$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 ---------------------------------

 Also here all of the enum LR_ listed from the WinUser.h within an older Borland
 C\C++ compiler's include\win32\winbase.h file.

 #define LR_DEFAULTCOLOR     0x0000
 #define LR_MONOCHROME       0x0001
 #define LR_COLOR            0x0002
 #define LR_COPYRETURNORG    0x0004
 #define LR_COPYDELETEORG    0x0008
 #define LR_LOADFROMFILE     0x0010
 #define LR_LOADTRANSPARENT  0x0020
 #define LR_DEFAULTSIZE      0x0040
 #define LR_VGACOLOR         0x0080
 #define LR_LOADMAP3DCOLORS  0x1000
 #define LR_CREATEDIBSECTION 0x2000
 #define LR_COPYFROMRESOURCE 0x4000
 #define LR_SHARED           0x8000

 Hope this helps you out,
 David L.

 "Dare to reach for the Stars...Dare to Dream, Build, and Achieve!"

 MKoD: http://spottedtiger.tripod.com/D_Language/D_Main_XP.html
Yes, quite helpful. Thanks. TZ
Apr 30 2005