digitalmars.D - File system in a file

reply "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
For those who thinks about starting new D project, please consider porting
this:

http://www.codeproject.com/file/nfsLibrary.asp

In my opinion this is extremely good to have in
standard lib - unified solution for compound
documents / persistent data storage.

Andrew.
Apr 27 2005
parent reply Manfred Nowak <svv1999 hotmail.com> writes:
"Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> wrote:

[...]
 In my opinion this is extremely good to have in
 standard lib
Have a closer look at it and you will see, that it has no repair facilities, i.e. one power down because of lack of energy, and all contents is lost. -manfred
Apr 27 2005
parent reply "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
Agreed.

It make sense to take a look on
http://www.garret.ru/~knizhnik/dybase.html
It has transaction mechanism and plain C interface.

Andrew.

"Manfred Nowak" <svv1999 hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:d4oiv5$1iuk$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> wrote:

 [...]
 In my opinion this is extremely good to have in
 standard lib
Have a closer look at it and you will see, that it has no repair facilities, i.e. one power down because of lack of energy, and all contents is lost. -manfred
Apr 27 2005
parent reply Manfred Nowak <svv1999 hotmail.com> writes:
"Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> wrote:

 It has transaction mechanism and plain C interface.
But no 80-bit real support. -manfred
Apr 27 2005
parent "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
It treats data in raw form as just bytes.
So to add 80-bit real is not a big deal I guess.

Andrew.

news:d4pgkt$2gi3$1 digitaldaemon.com...