digitalmars.D - CTags / Class browser

reply "Andreas Schmid" <monkey gmx.info> writes:
CTags does not seem to support the D language. When source code files become
bigger, navigating them becomes more difficult, even when you use code
folding and bookmarks.

It would be extremely helpful to have an editor which features a class
browser that supports the D language.

JEdit has a plugin that parses the currently opened file based using CTags
and displays a list of functions/classes.

Has anyone added D support to CTags? Or is there any other editor with good
D support?
Apr 24 2005
next sibling parent "Ben Hinkle" <ben.hinkle gmail.com> writes:
"Andreas Schmid" <monkey gmx.info> wrote in message
news:d4g60e$o6j$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 CTags does not seem to support the D language. When source code files
 become bigger, navigating them becomes more difficult, even when you use
 code folding and bookmarks.

 It would be extremely helpful to have an editor which features a class
 browser that supports the D language.

 JEdit has a plugin that parses the currently opened file based using CTags
 and displays a list of functions/classes.

 Has anyone added D support to CTags? Or is there any other editor with
 good D support?
I'm not aware of anyone getting CTags (or etags) to work with D (or writing a DTags). It shouldn't be too hard to do since the D parser is included with the dmd download. For projects like this I put some backend stubs into the dmd source and made the "dmd front end starter kit" http://home.comcast.net/~benhinkle/dmdfe/ which parses files and analyzes them and then quits. I'm using it already for on-the-fly dlint highlighting in the D mode for Emacs (see http://home.comcast.net/~benhinkle/dlint/). I don't know the CTags file format but one can pretty easily imagine taking the parse tree and spitting out the symbols to a file.
Apr 24 2005
prev sibling parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
Andreas Schmid wrote:
 CTags does not seem to support the D language. When source code files become
 bigger, navigating them becomes more difficult, even when you use code
 folding and bookmarks.
try leds. http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/leds/trunk/leds_linux_preview.gz for a full experience follow the project setup carefully: http://leds.sourceforge.net/projBuild.html http://leds.sourceforge.net/projTarget.html (I'm still planing to have a windows version) charles started with ctags but I think he did the right thing and moved to use the dmd front end. I tried cold folding and found it to be useless. Ant
Apr 24 2005
parent reply "Andreas Schmid" <monkey gmx.info> writes:
Exactly what I've been looking for
(http://leds.sourceforge.net/mainOutline_file_01.png) ... Unfortunately I am
on Windows.

What's missing to make it run on Windows?

"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:d4gaep$r6h$1 digitaldaemon.com...
Andreas Schmid wrote:
 Exactly what I've been looking for
 (http://leds.sourceforge.net/mainOutline_file_01.png) ... Unfortunately I am
 on Windows.

 What's missing to make it run on Windows?
- compiling scintilla on Gtk mode for windows (I have a dll for 2.4.x but I moved to 2.6.x and I don't know how to do it) - and time to update all my libs on windows to gtk 2.6.x and dmd 0.121. but you have to install Gtk 2.6 on windows. or maybe I can come up with a static linked version(?) I'll work on all these when I have the time. (A pre-alpha version of leds for windows without scintilla does exist and is unusable (no undo/redo).) try elefante (dsource) (I don't know if it is usable). Ant
Apr 24 2005
next sibling parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
Ant wrote:

 - compiling scintilla on Gtk mode for windows
     (I have a dll for 2.4.x but I moved to 2.6.x and I don't know how to
 do it)
 - and time to update all my libs on windows to gtk 2.6.x and dmd 0.121.
ok, I'm freezing the linux version and start work on windows. (beware, my time is limited these days) Ant
Apr 24 2005
parent "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:d4gg1m$vfo$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 Ant wrote:

 - compiling scintilla on Gtk mode for windows
     (I have a dll for 2.4.x but I moved to 2.6.x and I don't know how to
 do it)
 - and time to update all my libs on windows to gtk 2.6.x and dmd 0.121.
ok, I'm freezing the linux version and start work on windows. (beware, my time is limited these days) Ant
I'm very much looking forward to seeing how this turns out. :) TZ
Apr 24 2005
prev sibling parent J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
Ant wrote:
 try elefante (dsource) (I don't know if it is usable).
I think you meant "Elephant". The forum is at http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=57. The download page is: http://www.thecodebase.com/elephant.html -- jcc7 http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
Apr 24 2005