digitalmars.D - Minimalistic quick-and-dirty working roguelike in D

reply Deewiant <deewiant.doesnotlike.spam gmail.com> writes:
Announcing ShelobRogue!

You play Sam Gamgee trying to save Frodo from Shelob's clutches.
Included is one action-packed randomly-generated level of play, one
weapon, one item, and some lembas. Watch out for the evil spider minions
and Gollum lurking in the shadows!

It is a minimalistic and quickly-coded roguelike written for a 7DRL
competition in two days. It might be interesting for some new D
programmers to have a working game source.

Uses PDCurses, ported and compiled by Joey Peters (squirrel nidhogg.com)
with a few additional function definitions included in the packaged
modified curses.d.

(Currently) Windows-only, compiles with DMD 0.120 out-of-the-box with
the command "dmd shlbrg.d".

Enjoy! Don't let the spiders bite.
Apr 16 2005
next sibling parent "Joey Peters" <squirrel nidhogg.com> writes:
That's a pretty fun game. What amazes me is that someone actually used my
first ported lib! And I thought those vital functions you added were macros
judging from the original headers. But oh well, seems they're not.

"Deewiant" <deewiant.doesnotlike.spam gmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:d3qqna$2iig$1 digitaldaemon.com...

prev sibling next sibling parent zwang <nehzgnaw gmail.com> writes:
Deewiant wrote:
 Announcing ShelobRogue!

 You play Sam Gamgee trying to save Frodo from Shelob's clutches.
 Included is one action-packed randomly-generated level of play, one
 weapon, one item, and some lembas. Watch out for the evil spider minions
 and Gollum lurking in the shadows!

 It is a minimalistic and quickly-coded roguelike written for a 7DRL
 competition in two days. It might be interesting for some new D
 programmers to have a working game source.

 Uses PDCurses, ported and compiled by Joey Peters (squirrel nidhogg.com)
 with a few additional function definitions included in the packaged
 modified curses.d.

 (Currently) Windows-only, compiles with DMD 0.120 out-of-the-box with
 the command "dmd shlbrg.d".

 Enjoy! Don't let the spiders bite.
Written from scratch in two days? Cool! P.S. The game is too hard for me:)
Apr 16 2005
prev sibling parent Deewiant <deewiant.doesnotlike.spam gmail.com> writes:
The Windows default cmd.exe window size is apparently one smaller than I
thought. Thus, when double-clicking on the ShelobRogue executable to run
it, the message window doesn't show up since it's over the boundary. I
didn't notice this during testing, as I typically use an about 50-row
window.

This build has that corrected by simply reducing the map window height
by one, from 18 rows to 17.

Of course, you can change that yourselves by changing the constant
VIEW_SIZE_Y in shlbrg.d, which may be less trouble than redownloading
the .zip file.
Apr 16 2005