digitalmars.D - Design-time properties framework

reply "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
Does anybody know any attempt
to create subj. in D.

without COM. In pure D.

It is sort of meta info editing/inspection for controls on the form.
Such framework could be used in IDE for interactive form editing.
Other use case wich is interesting for me personally is
instantiation of controls from HTML like here:
http://www.terrainformatica.com/screenshots/smileui.png
by using constructions like:
<input type=tree showlines=true ... />

Any links or thoughts/ideas will be appreciated.
I just don't want to invent one more wheel :)

Andrew.
Apr 12 2005
parent reply novice2 <novice2_member pathlink.com> writes:
Other use case wich is interesting for me personally is
instantiation of controls from HTML like here:
http://www.terrainformatica.com/screenshots/smileui.png
by using constructions like:
<input type=tree showlines=true ... />
sorry, i can't answer for your question, but there is a dream: sometime in future XForms will be implemented ( http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-xforms-20031014/ ). Like already implemented as activex internet explorer plugin http://www.xformsplayer.com/content/index.html
Apr 13 2005
parent "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
XForms could be implemented on top of
framework I am trying to build.

The framework internally uses capture/bubble
event propagation schema used in (D)HTML.

HTML alike engine allows to define layout
and do styling using internal (resource based)
and external HTML files.

The reasons of my post was simple:
I would like to implement or reuse existing
sort of IDispatch solution.

It would be nice if controls could be instantiated
through HTML (I have cheap aproach for that)

I am thinking about semi-universal solution which
will allow e.g. to make such controls also be scriptable.

Probably D should have some generic library with
Variant or Boxing, IScriptable or so to implement various
constructions like late object binding, soft marshalling,
SOAP, etc.

Andrew.

news:d3jdt9$1su8$1 digitaldaemon.com...