digitalmars.D - default initializers

reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
can we have a command line option to turn the code that creates the defautl
initializing of variables OFF? I personally never rely on it - I always
initialize my variables explicitly if I know that they are going to be read from
right away; and I worry that this implicit initialization would be inneficient
Apr 08 2005
next sibling parent Thomas Kuehne <thomas-dloop kuehne.thisisspam.cn> writes:
Apr 08 2005
prev sibling parent "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"imr1984" <imr1984_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:d35gb1$1uhf$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 can we have a command line option to turn the code that creates the
defautl
 initializing of variables OFF? I personally never rely on it - I always
 initialize my variables explicitly if I know that they are going to be
read from
 right away; and I worry that this implicit initialization would be
inneficient The optimizer will eliminate most redundant initializations, so there shouldn't be much of any efficiency problem.
Apr 08 2005