digitalmars.D - New to D

reply "Alejandro Lapeyre" <AlejandroLapeyre jotmail.com> writes:
Hello, I would like to introduce myself:
I am Alejandro Lapeyre (44) from Argentina.

I started today to look at D.

You may find usefull a first-timer look at the D resources currently
available:

* It got my attention because of a StumbleUpon link.
* I like the documentation, it is well organized.
* As all the other cooperative projects i have seen in the web, it lacks
simple startup instructions to attract newcomers to cooperate.
* I would like a graphic despicting classes, etc.
* I like that it includes inline assembler, including the MMX opcodes.
* I would like a simple page describing what I have to do to program in this
language.
* I can not understand why you spend time in a .net porting, instead of
finishing the language. (I like .net but it has many future-related
compromises).
* The web page lacks a good balance between text and graphics, so it gets
boring after 2 hours of reading.
* I did not found this newsgroup in the web page, I found it searching in
Google.

Note: I have no experience in c and c++. I do have experience in assembler,

audio.

Best Regards,
Alejandro Lapeyre
Apr 01 2005
parent reply J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
In article <d2k3p4$19ls$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Alejandro Lapeyre says...
Hello, I would like to introduce myself:
I am Alejandro Lapeyre (44) from Argentina.

I started today to look at D.
Welcome to D.
You may find usefull a first-timer look at the D resources currently
available:

* It got my attention because of a StumbleUpon link.
* I like the documentation, it is well organized.
* As all the other cooperative projects i have seen in the web, it lacks
simple startup instructions to attract newcomers to cooperate.
I think we're trying to work on some of this. Something like this? http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial/InstallingDCompiler
* I would like a graphic despicting classes, etc.
Wouldn't we all. Try one of these: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?AvailableGuiLibraries
Try: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial/StartingWithD
* I can not understand why you spend time in a .net porting, instead of
finishing the language. (I like .net but it has many future-related
compromises).
/We're/ not. One person was. I'm not sure if he's still working on D.NET.
* The web page lacks a good balance between text and graphics, so it gets
boring after 2 hours of reading.
Then only read for an hour at a time. What do you want--a video game? ;)
FYI: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?NewsDmD
Note: I have no experience in c and c++. I do have experience in assembler,

audio.

Best Regards,
Alejandro Lapeyre
jcc7
Apr 01 2005
parent "Alejandro Lapeyre" <AlejandroLapeyre jotmail.com> writes:
Thanks for your linked attention!

Best Regards,
Alejandro Lapeyre

news:d2kejg$1kb7$1 digitaldaemon.com...