digitalmars.D - feature suggestion

reply bobef <bobef_member pathlink.com> writes:
Last night I tried the profiling that was mentioned in recent posts and it
really kicks ass if I may say :)... And this is where this suggestion came
from... It showed that setters/getters are wasting much time because they are
used often. It would be nice if there is some kind keyword that makes class
members readonly for 'outsiders', so it could be read directly but without
posibility to be modified if this is unwanted. But not like C consts which
everybody could modify just with a void* cast... Of couse it would be better
than nothing.
Mar 25 2005
parent "Ben Hinkle" <ben.hinkle gmail.com> writes:
"bobef" <bobef_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:d20n76$2c1u$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Last night I tried the profiling that was mentioned in recent posts and it
 really kicks ass if I may say :)... And this is where this suggestion came
 from... It showed that setters/getters are wasting much time because they
 are
 used often. It would be nice if there is some kind keyword that makes
 class
 members readonly for 'outsiders', so it could be read directly but without
 posibility to be modified if this is unwanted. But not like C consts which
 everybody could modify just with a void* cast... Of couse it would be
 better
 than nothing.
Did you compile with -inline? I don't know if that is compatible with -gt. It would presumably inline all the property getters/setters that do nothing but access some private data.
Mar 25 2005