digitalmars.D - [ANN] Updated d.vim (vim/gvim syntax file)

reply Jason Mills <jmills cs.mun.ca> writes:
For you vimmers out there, I have uploaded a new version of the d.vim
syntax file to vim.org. Add support for the D 0.116 __FILE__, __LINE__,
etc. and character entities.

Get it at http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=379.

Jason
Mar 09 2005
parent reply "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
Brilliant.

Apart from the fact that it does nothing for me. Maybe I'm installing to
the wrong place, i.e. in the syntax directory where all the other .vim
files reside.

Sorry to be a dullard. Can you advise?

"Jason Mills" <jmills cs.mun.ca> wrote in message
news:d0o3ti$jms$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 For you vimmers out there, I have uploaded a new version of the d.vim
 syntax file to vim.org. Add support for the D 0.116 __FILE__,
 __LINE__, etc. and character entities.

 Get it at http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=379.

 Jason
Mar 09 2005
parent reply Jason Mills <jmills cs.mun.ca> writes:
What version of vim are you using?

If you are using 6.3 or greater, you should only need to drop the file
in your chosenConfigDir\vimfiles\syntax directory. An alternative brute
force approach is to overwrite the old d.vim with the new one. It should
be installed in a directory such as C:\Program Files\Vim\vim6.3\syntax.

If you are using an older version of vim, in addition to adding d.vim as
described above, you have to add the following entry your _vimrc (or
.vimrc on linux) configuration file:

   au BufNewFile,BufRead *.d setf d

Matthew wrote:
 Brilliant.

 Apart from the fact that it does nothing for me. Maybe I'm installing to
 the wrong place, i.e. in the syntax directory where all the other .vim
 files reside.

 Sorry to be a dullard. Can you advise?

Mar 10 2005
parent "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
Great. That works. Thanks for that.

(Guess I need to upgrade from 6.2 <g>)

news:d0pdmi$20pn$1 digitaldaemon.com...