digitalmars.D - comp.lang.d: Why not?

reply jicman <jicman_member pathlink.com> writes:
Just wondering...

Why isn't there a newsgroup for d on comp.lang.d?

josé
Feb 28 2005
next sibling parent reply "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
More of a case of why. Can you answer that?

"jicman" <jicman_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:d004n2$pls$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Just wondering...

 Why isn't there a newsgroup for d on comp.lang.d?

 josé

Feb 28 2005
parent reply jicman <jicman_member pathlink.com> writes:
I'd like to get all my newsgroups info from one source:

http://groups-beta.google.com

I don't mind coming here, but I have other languages and other newsgroups
sources that I like to participate/get info from, and it would just be so much
easier and time saving, to say the least.

Matthew says...
More of a case of why. Can you answer that?

"jicman" <jicman_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:d004n2$pls$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Just wondering...

 Why isn't there a newsgroup for d on comp.lang.d?

 josé

"jicman" <jicman_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:d00a30$10ks$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'd like to get all my newsgroups info from one source:

 http://groups-beta.google.com

 I don't mind coming here, but I have other languages and other newsgroups
 sources that I like to participate/get info from, and it would just be so
much
 easier and time saving, to say the least.
It's a mystery to me why Google doesn't index news.digitalmars.com. I and others have submitted requests for it, which they do not reply to. Google indexes other servers like newsgroups.borland.com and news.openwatcom.org.
Mar 01 2005
next sibling parent jicman <jicman_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <d02ejn$gad$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"jicman" <jicman_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:d00a30$10ks$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'd like to get all my newsgroups info from one source:

 http://groups-beta.google.com

 I don't mind coming here, but I have other languages and other newsgroups
 sources that I like to participate/get info from, and it would just be so
much
 easier and time saving, to say the least.
It's a mystery to me why Google doesn't index news.digitalmars.com. I and others have submitted requests for it, which they do not reply to. Google indexes other servers like newsgroups.borland.com and news.openwatcom.org.
I didn't know that. I will write a d program to send them an email every 3 days requesting this... :-) Just kidding. thanks for the info. jic
Mar 01 2005
prev sibling parent reply Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
<snip>
 It's a mystery to me why Google doesn't index news.digitalmars.com. I and
 others have submitted requests for it, which they do not reply to. Google
 indexes other servers like newsgroups.borland.com and news.openwatcom.org.
You mean it really indexes the Borland 'groups straight off the Borland server, rather than off Usenet as a whole? And posts messages via the Borland server? This was an important distinction last time I knew - borland.* as Usenet 'groups have content that is not on the newsgroups on Borland's server, namely everything that was posted using any server other than newsgroups.borland.com. I've argued about this in the past (when I was active on some of those 'groups), with its disastrous effect that many people are not seeing many of the replies to their own posts. Stewart. -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox. Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
"Stewart Gordon" <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:d04ico$2uhj$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 You mean it really indexes the Borland 'groups straight off the Borland
 server, rather than off Usenet as a whole?
I don't know. I know they're there.
 And posts messages via the
 Borland server?  This was an important distinction last time I knew -
 borland.* as Usenet 'groups have content that is not on the newsgroups
 on Borland's server, namely everything that was posted using any server
 other than newsgroups.borland.com.  I've argued about this in the past
 (when I was active on some of those 'groups), with its disastrous effect
 that many people are not seeing many of the replies to their own posts.
Mar 02 2005
prev sibling parent Manfred Nowak <svv1999 hotmail.com> writes:
jicman <jicman_member pathlink.com> wrote:

[...]
 Why isn't there a newsgroup for d on comp.lang.d?
As long as there is no traffic on D in comp.lang.misc there will not be any comp.lang.d. -manfred
Feb 28 2005