digitalmars.D - [ANN] Build v1.6

reply Derek Parnell <derek psych.ward> writes:
Just letting any interested people know that the Build utility is
approaching a decent level of stability now.

  http://www.dsource.org/projects/build/

I'd still like a bit more feedback on it being used on real projects before
I can call it "in production".

--
Derek
Melbourne, Australia
next sibling parent reply clayasaurus <clayasaurus gmail.com> writes:
Derek Parnell wrote:
 Just letting any interested people know that the Build utility is
 approaching a decent level of stability now.

   http://www.dsource.org/projects/build/

 I'd still like a bit more feedback on it being used on real projects before
 I can call it "in production".

You forgot a little version(Windows) statement around line 1333 on build.d I made a little post in the forum bout' it.
Feb 27 2005
parent reply Derek Parnell <derek psych.ward> writes:
 Just letting any interested people know that the Build utility is
 approaching a decent level of stability now.

   http://www.dsource.org/projects/build/

 I'd still like a bit more feedback on it being used on real projects before
 I can call it "in production".

You forgot a little version(Windows) statement around line 1333 on build.d I made a little post in the forum bout' it.
Damn! I have really got to get a linux box running here! The code works fine for us simpletons (a.k.a. Windows Users). -- Derek Melbourne, Australia 28/02/2005 11:21:26 AM
Feb 27 2005
parent reply Derek Parnell <derek psych.ward> writes:
 Just letting any interested people know that the Build utility is
 approaching a decent level of stability now.

   http://www.dsource.org/projects/build/

 I'd still like a bit more feedback on it being used on real projects before
 I can call it "in production".

You forgot a little version(Windows) statement around line 1333 on build.d I made a little post in the forum bout' it.
Damn! I have really got to get a linux box running here! The code works fine for us simpletons (a.k.a. Windows Users).
Okay, I've uploaded the fix for that mistake of mine. Sorry for the inconvenience. -- Derek Melbourne, Australia 28/02/2005 11:47:17 AM
Feb 27 2005
Derek Parnell wrote:
Just letting any interested people know that the Build utility is
approaching a decent level of stability now.

  http://www.dsource.org/projects/build/

I'd still like a bit more feedback on it being used on real projects before
I can call it "in production".
You forgot a little version(Windows) statement around line 1333 on build.d I made a little post in the forum bout' it.
Damn! I have really got to get a linux box running here! The code works fine for us simpletons (a.k.a. Windows Users).
Okay, I've uploaded the fix for that mistake of mine. Sorry for the inconvenience.
No problem, thanks for the sweet little app. If you are interested in getting a linux box I would suggest MEPIS (www.mepis.org), for its slick install and ease of use :)
Feb 27 2005
next sibling parent Charles Hixson <charleshixsn earthlink.net> writes:
clayasaurus wrote:
 Derek Parnell wrote:

 Just letting any interested people know that the Build utility is
 No problem, thanks for the sweet little app. If you are interested in
 getting a linux box I would suggest  MEPIS (www.mepis.org), for its
 slick install and ease of use :)

Also, If you only use Linux rarely, Mepis can be run directly from the CD. (Naturally, in this mode it's a bit like molasses, but it *does* work.) You might, however, need to do a bit of jiggery with the paths if you run directly from the CD, as of course nothing could be installed in /usr/local. It's been awhile since the last time I needed to use it (to recover from somthing stupid that I'd done to grub), but it worked perfectly. I even tried installing it as if it would be my main system for awhile, but there still seem to be some issues between 2.6 and SDL (or there still were at the time) so I went back to Libranet.
Feb 27 2005
prev sibling parent reply Nick Sabalausky <a a.a> writes:
clayasaurus wrote:
 Derek Parnell wrote:

 Just letting any interested people know that the Build utility is
 approaching a decent level of stability now.
  http://www.dsource.org/projects/build/

 I'd still like a bit more feedback on it being used on real
 projects before
 I can call it "in production".
You forgot a little version(Windows) statement around line 1333 on build.d I made a little post in the forum bout' it.
Damn! I have really got to get a linux box running here! The code works fine for us simpletons (a.k.a. Windows Users).
Okay, I've uploaded the fix for that mistake of mine. Sorry for the inconvenience.
No problem, thanks for the sweet little app. If you are interested in getting a linux box I would suggest MEPIS (www.mepis.org), for its slick install and ease of use :)
Might wanna try Cygwin too. It just runs on top of windows.
Feb 28 2005
parent Paul Bonser <misterpib gmail.com> writes:

 Might wanna try Cygwin too. It just runs on top of windows.
Or Co-Linux, which actually runs Linux as a Windows service. -- -PIB -- "C++ also supports the notion of *friends*: cooperative classes that are permitted to see each other's private parts." - Grady Booch
Mar 02 2005
prev sibling parent "Ben Hinkle" <ben.hinkle gmail.com> writes:
"Derek Parnell" <derek psych.ward> wrote in message
news:67ta24yc9fd.qye475amhqot.dlg 40tude.net...
 Just letting any interested people know that the Build utility is
 approaching a decent level of stability now.

  http://www.dsource.org/projects/build/

 I'd still like a bit more feedback on it being used on real projects
 before
 I can call it "in production".

 --
 Derek
 Melbourne, Australia
 28/02/2005 10:33:09 AM
A future feature request: an option to run the future lint-like program before calling the compiler - or an option to just lint without compiling.
Mar 01 2005