digitalmars.D - Keystroke processing / Keyboard event handling

reply mitja_ursic yahoo.com writes:
Hi!

I would like to write a program in DOS that detects that an Escape key (or any
other function key) has been pressed while writing a string to the screen, so
the user could return back to the program menu without saving the data/pressing
Enter.

How do I detect system-wide keystrokes like Ctrl+S before system does?

Would I have to write my own interrupt handler?

I've been looking over the net for these topics, so far I understand there are 3
ways:
1) using getch() (but not for system-wide keystrokes)
2) using keyboard buffer
3) using interrupt handler.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Or should these 3 ways be used together?
Please provide any useful links about this how it's done in C or even C++ as
they are easy portable to D.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
Mitja
<mitja_ursic yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:cvkf5v$s8j$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Please provide any useful links about this how it's done in C or even C++
as
 they are easy portable to D.
D programming doesn't support 16 bit programming, which would unfortunately include DOS. Sorry.
Feb 27 2005
parent reply Mitja Ursic <Mitja_member pathlink.com> writes:
D programming doesn't support 16 bit programming, which would unfortunately
include DOS. Sorry.
My mistake, I actually meant DOS shell for Windows XP.
"Mitja Ursic" <Mitja_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cvuf5j$1tan$1 digitaldaemon.com...
D programming doesn't support 16 bit programming, which would
unfortunately
include DOS. Sorry.
My mistake, I actually meant DOS shell for Windows XP.
No prob. Download the sources for microemacs from www.digitalmars.com. There's a Win32 version in there, that does direct I/O from the keyboard. I think it'll be helpful.
Mar 01 2005