digitalmars.D - dfl installation problems

reply IkeaTheSofa <ikea_the_sofa hotmail.com> writes:
I apoligize if these are really stupid questions..
I downloaded dfl and am new to D and command line compilers.
I put the dfl.lib in the lib directory in my DMD installation.
I don't understand what they are saying here:

Quote:
Place the dfl directory in one of your import search paths. You may need to
edit the DFLAGS in sc.ini (usually found at c:\dmd\bin\sc.ini) to include
dfl's parent directory

Linker flags:
You will need to pass special flags to the linker. For a normal Windows
application, use:
-L/exet:nt/su:windows:4.0
To include the console window in your application, use this instead:
-L/exet:nt/su:console:4.0
If you fail to pass one of those flags to DMD, parts of DFL will fail to
function properly!

I opened the sc.ini and saw the DFLAGS entry but didn't understand what to
put in there. Whenever i try to compile hello.d i get:

Quote:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\D\ext\examples>dmd helloworld.d dfl.lib -L/exet:nt/su:windows:4.0
Error: Error reading file 'object.d'

C:\D\ext\examples>dmd helloworld.d dfl.lib -L/exet:nt/su:windows:4.0
Error: Error reading file 'object.d'

C:\D\ext\examples>dmd helloworld.d
Error: Error reading file 'object.d'

C:\D\ext\examples>dmd helloworld.d
Error: Error reading file 'dfl\all.d'

In the last two examples i was messing with things in the sc.ini file,
trying different ways to try the instructions... Thanks for any help.
Feb 23 2005
next sibling parent J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
In article <Xns96069EB9873EFikeathesofaAThotmail 63.105.9.61>, IkeaTheSofa
says...
I apoligize if these are really stupid questions..
I downloaded dfl and am new to D and command line compilers.
I put the dfl.lib in the lib directory in my DMD installation.
I don't understand what they are saying here:

Quote:
Place the dfl directory in one of your import search paths. You may need to
edit the DFLAGS in sc.ini (usually found at c:\dmd\bin\sc.ini) to include
dfl's parent directory
I gave you some suggestions on your topic at dsource. http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=596 jcc7
Feb 24 2005
prev sibling parent "bamb00" <no email.com> writes:
DFL 0.8 has a program DFL.exe that will do this automatically for you :).

Charlie

news:Xns96069EB9873EFikeathesofaAThotmail 63.105.9.61...