digitalmars.D - The good and bad side of D.

reply =?iso-8859-1?q?Knud_S=F8rensen?= <12tkvvb02 sneakemail.com> writes:
Hi

I have made what I call an eigenpoll,
it is a script which try to extract expert knowledge
from a group of people.
I think it works okay for books and I think it could be fun to test,
if it works for something like D features and suggestions as well.

If you think this could be a fun experiment
or if you don't have anything better to do ;-)

Then go to
http://all-technology.com/eigenpolls/dfeatures/
and add one/two good/bad feature/suggestion to the eigenpoll
and then rank them.

If enough people add and rank the features/suggestions we should get
a clear picture of the good and bad side of D.

Knud
Feb 16 2005
next sibling parent Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Hello.  Welcome to newsgroups.

Newsreaders allow you to post a single message to two or more newsgroups
simultaneously.  This is called crossposting, and is the only
appropriate way of sharing a message across multiple newsgroups.

Please read

http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html

Meanwhile, since you've multiposted this time, please pick one of the
'groups you've posted to on which you wish people to answer you in
whatever ways.

Stewart.

--
My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.
prev sibling next sibling parent =?iso-8859-1?q?Knud_S=F8rensen?= <12tkvvb02 sneakemail.com> writes:
Yes, I did by mistake post it to digitalmars.D.gnu
you can check the time stamp to see the difference.
Feb 16 2005
prev sibling parent reply "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
Not to be a complete thickie, but how the hell is it supposed to work?

Yours completely sans clue

The Dr .....

"Knud Sørensen" <12tkvvb02 sneakemail.com> wrote in message
news:pan.2005.02.16.17.11.21.715095 sneakemail.com...
[...]

Here is something from the page, I hope it helps. An Eigenpoll is a new type of poll design to gather knowledge from a community. The problem with normal polls is that it find the most popular option. But if you are looking for a solution to a problem you don't want the most popular, what you want is the best solution to the problem. The course is that when not everybody have a equal amount of knowledge about a problem, then the one man one vote principle don't work. Eigenpolls try to solve this by letting the voters compare and rank the options, and then use a algorithm similar to Googles PageRank on the result.
[...]

-- Join My Network of Contacts http://connect.tickle.com/invitation.html?uid=muljlVUnO32u8sSZ
Feb 23 2005