digitalmars.D - ?Reducing development time?

reply Microwizard <Microwizard_member pathlink.com> writes:
Is anybody brave enough to answer the message titled
as "Reducing development time"?

Or there is place only for hipe?

Tamas Nagy
e-mail: microwizard ax.hu
Feb 14 2005
next sibling parent reply J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
In article <cuqm9g$1bv4$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Microwizard says...
Is anybody brave enough to answer the message titled
as "Reducing development time"?
You mean http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D/16474? You might get more of a response if you shortened it (such as by condensing it down to a single point). Rambling can discourage replying.
Or there is place only for hipe?
No "hipe" here. I promise. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hipe "A throw in which the wrestler lifts his opponent from the ground, swings him to one side, knocks up his nearer thigh from the back with the knee, and throws him on his back."
Tamas Nagy
e-mail: microwizard ax.hu
jcc7
Feb 14 2005
next sibling parent reply Brad Anderson <brad dsource.dot.org> writes:
J C Calvarese wrote:
Or there is place only for hipe?
No "hipe" here. I promise.
So long as Walter keeps the changes coming after Matthew, Kris, et al. bark at him a bit. ;)
 http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hipe

 "A throw in which the wrestler lifts his opponent from the ground, swings him
 one side, knocks up his nearer thigh from the back with the knee, and throws
him
 on his back."
Feb 14 2005
parent J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
In article <curc2n$24fn$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Brad Anderson says...
J C Calvarese wrote:
Or there is place only for hipe?
No "hipe" here. I promise.
So long as Walter keeps the changes coming after Matthew, Kris, et al. bark at him a bit. ;)
"Just remove the public imports from object.d and nobody gets hurt. Okay, okay. Slowly step away from the aliases. There you go. Now, write a book."
 http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hipe

 "A throw in which the wrestler lifts his opponent from the ground, swings him
 one side, knocks up his nearer thigh from the back with the knee, and throws
him
 on his back."
jcc7
Feb 15 2005
prev sibling parent reply "Dave" <Dave_member pathlink.com> writes:
"J C Calvarese" <jcc7 cox.net> wrote in message
news:cur2l9$1qjc$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <cuqm9g$1bv4$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Microwizard says...
Is anybody brave enough to answer the message titled
as "Reducing development time"?
You mean http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D/16474? You might get more of a response if you shortened it (such as by condensing it down to a single point). Rambling can discourage replying.
Or there is place only for hipe?
No "hipe" here. I promise. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hipe "A throw in which the wrestler lifts his opponent from the ground, swings him to one side, knocks up his nearer thigh from the back with the knee, and throws him on his back."
I don't know.. Sounds kind-of like what D will do to the rest of the C-lineage languages out there, or what C++ does to me every day.. Hey - new idea for a Logo maybe? <g> - Dave
Tamas Nagy
e-mail: microwizard ax.hu
jcc7
Feb 15 2005
next sibling parent MicroWizard <MicroWizard_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cutfss$14t5$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Dave says...
I don't know.. Sounds kind-of like what D will do to the rest of the
C-lineage languages out there, or what C++ does to me every day.. Hey - new
idea for a Logo maybe?
So. What I can see. D is much-much better to use/develop than C/C++. I use it. Not only dreaming. D has some frustrating things like C++ (predictability). There are only theoretical explanations and ugly workarounds to solve them. It is interesting to read when some of you are talking about mixins, templates, delegates and so on, but ... from a practical point of view ... these things could be come only after ... defining a solid basement. Was it short enough? Tamas Nagy e-mail: microwizard ax.hu
Feb 15 2005
prev sibling parent Georg Wrede <georg.wrede nospam.org> writes:
"A throw in which the wrestler lifts his opponent from
the ground, swings him to one side, knocks up his nearer
thigh from the back with the knee, and throws him
on his back."
I don't know.. Sounds kind-of like what D will do to the rest of the C-lineage languages out there, or what C++ does to me every day.. Hey - new idea for a Logo maybe?
Which one? C++ beating up the poor programmer, or D beating up the rest of the C-lineage? "Thank Bob," I don't have the time to draw these both, but I sure itch doing it...
Feb 15 2005
prev sibling parent David Medlock <amedlock nospam.com> writes:
Microwizard wrote:
 Is anybody brave enough to answer the message titled
 as "Reducing development time"?

 Or there is place only for hipe?

 Tamas Nagy
 e-mail: microwizard ax.hu

My answer is to use D and then come tell us how right this claim really is! It has a very consistent syntax(readability up there with pascal), garbage collection(huge timesaver), templates, mixins and so much else to offer...and the speed of C/C++! The only way I am a faster developer is using a Higher level language(Scheme,Lua,Python et al)... -David
Feb 14 2005