digitalmars.D - D logo vectorized

reply Marcel Martin <marcel.martin uni-bielefeld.de> writes:
Hello,
I have vectorized the D logo available at
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html (the one with the "D" with eyes,
arms, and legs). Have a look at http://w148.de/~mmartin/d/logo.html to see
the difference. The source SVG is also available there.

I don't know who the original artist is, but I hope I was allowed to do
this.

Marcel
Feb 11 2005
next sibling parent reply sai <sai_member pathlink.com> writes:
Thats cool ..... but my IE browser is showing a grey background for the new logo
with tranparencies, is it because IE cannot handle png well ?

sai

In article <cuiuma$2jtn$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Marcel Martin says...
Hello,
I have vectorized the D logo available at
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html (the one with the "D" with eyes,
arms, and legs). Have a look at http://w148.de/~mmartin/d/logo.html to see
the difference. The source SVG is also available there.

I don't know who the original artist is, but I hope I was allowed to do
this.

Marcel
Feb 11 2005
next sibling parent "Alex Stevenson" <ans104 cs.york.ac.uk> writes:
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:38:14 +0000 (UTC), sai <sai_member pathlink.com>
My IE too - though I only use that when I must. Opera handles it fine.

 Thats cool ..... but my IE browser is showing a grey background for the
 new logo
 with tranparencies, is it because IE cannot handle png well ?

 sai

 In article <cuiuma$2jtn$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Marcel Martin says...
 Hello,
 I have vectorized the D logo available at
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html (the one with the "D" with
 eyes,
 arms, and legs). Have a look at http://w148.de/~mmartin/d/logo.html to
 see
 the difference. The source SVG is also available there.

 I don't know who the original artist is, but I hope I was allowed to do
 this.

 Marcel
-- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
Feb 11 2005
prev sibling parent Mike Parker <aldacron71 yahoo.com> writes:
sai wrote:
 Thats cool ..... but my IE browser is showing a grey background for the new
logo
 with tranparencies, is it because IE cannot handle png well ?
Right, IE ignores PNG transparency. One of the many reasons I use Firefox now instead.
Feb 12 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent Derek <derek psych.ward> writes:
Great job. It looks really nice and clean, and accurate. I guess all that anti-aliasing helps ;-) -- Derek Melbourne, Australia
Feb 11 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Marcel Martin" <marcel.martin uni-bielefeld.de> wrote in message
news:cuiuma$2jtn$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hello,
 I have vectorized the D logo available at
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html (the one with the "D" with eyes,
 arms, and legs). Have a look at http://w148.de/~mmartin/d/logo.html to see
 the difference. The source SVG is also available there.

 I don't know who the original artist is,
It was my doodle on a napkin <g>
 but I hope I was allowed to do this.
No prob. Your version certainly looks better.
 Marcel
Feb 11 2005
prev sibling parent Paul Bonser <misterpib gmail.com> writes:
Marcel Martin wrote:
 Hello,
 I have vectorized the D logo available at
 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html (the one with the "D" with eyes,
 arms, and legs). Have a look at http://w148.de/~mmartin/d/logo.html to see
 the difference. The source SVG is also available there.

 I don't know who the original artist is, but I hope I was allowed to do
 this.

 Marcel
Ahh, another Inkscape user...it is a nice program indeed. :) -- -PIB -- "C++ also supports the notion of *friends*: cooperative classes that are permitted to see each other's private parts." - Grady Booch
Feb 12 2005