digitalmars.D - sorted associative array

reply Kay <Kay_member pathlink.com> writes:
Hi,

The D spec says: "If it(aggregation expression) is an associative array, the
order of the elements is undefined."
How can I sort an associative array so that the elements in a foreach loop are
ordered then?

-Kay
Feb 02 2005
next sibling parent reply "Regan Heath" <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 03:10:56 +0000 (UTC), Kay <Kay_member pathlink.com>
 The D spec says: "If it(aggregation expression) is an associative array,
 the
 order of the elements is undefined."
 How can I sort an associative array so that the elements in a foreach
 loop are
 ordered then?
This might do what you want: Regan
Feb 02 2005
parent reply "Charles" <no email.com> writes:
I think you can skip the tmp step right, and just do

foreach (char [] key;AA.keys.sort )
{}

?

Charlie
"Regan Heath" <regan netwin.co.nz> wrote in message
news:opsllqsqna23k2f5 ally...
 On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 03:10:56 +0000 (UTC), Kay <Kay_member pathlink.com>
 The D spec says: "If it(aggregation expression) is an associative array,
 the
 order of the elements is undefined."
 How can I sort an associative array so that the elements in a foreach
 loop are
 ordered then?
This might do what you want: Regan
Feb 02 2005
parent reply "Regan Heath" <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
 I think you can skip the tmp step right, and just do

 foreach (char [] key;AA.keys.sort )
 {}
Godd idea, you're probably right. I assume .sort returns a copy of the array?