digitalmars.D - how to download attachments?

reply bobef <bobef_member pathlink.com> writes:
I can't download any of the attachments on this forum...
When I click the link it indicates it is doing something, but no matter how long
I wait I can't download anything...
Anyone knows something about this one?
Feb 01 2005
next sibling parent "Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle mathworks.com> writes:
"bobef" <bobef_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:ctom0q$1502$1 digitaldaemon.com...
I can't download any of the attachments on this forum...
 When I click the link it indicates it is doing something, but no matter
 how long
 I wait I can't download anything...
 Anyone knows something about this one?
This may be an obvious question, but do you have a pop-up blocker running? I know that has happened to me a few times where I'm sitting there waiting for a download dialog to appear and it got blocked.
Feb 01 2005
prev sibling parent reply J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
In article <ctom0q$1502$1 digitaldaemon.com>, bobef says...
I can't download any of the attachments on this forum...
When I click the link it indicates it is doing something, but no matter how long
I wait I can't download anything...
Anyone knows something about this one?
I've never been able to download from the web interface just by clicking on the links, either. If you have the option, it's must easier just to use a newsreader (such as Thunderbird or MS Outlook). It's usually possible to decode attachments from the web interface by using one of these two programs (depending on how the attachment was encoded): * Base64 decoder (http://www.dsource.org/tutorials/index.php?show_example=81) * UUDECODE: (http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D/4744) More newsgroup information (from http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?NewsDmD) If at all possible it's best to use a newsreader (such as Microsoft's Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or Opera) to view and post messages to the newsgroups. The benefits are using a newsreader include: * Your posts will appear immediately. * If you post by mistake, you may be able to delete your posts. * You probably have enhanced searching abilities. * It's easier to determine the thread hierarchy. * Often posts just look better. * All attachments should be easily downloaded. There are some disadvantages to using the web interface: * If you post a message, it doens't appear in the web interface immediately. Sometimes, people post three messages because they don't realize their first message was actually posted. * If a message was posted in error, it can't be deleted by the poster (newsreader programs may allow the user to delete their own posts). * Some attachments appear encoded as Base64 or UUENCODE. jcc7
Feb 01 2005
parent bobef <bobef_member pathlink.com> writes:
That's sounds very cool. Thank you. I have thunderbird... I'll give it a shot...

In article <ctoo33$171e$1 digitaldaemon.com>, J C Calvarese says...