digitalmars.D - Parser Projects

reply pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
With the release of Dimple, it ocurred to me just how many parsers we have
around here.  I went looking, and found the (rather stale) Wiki page:

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?GrammarParsers

I've updated this page on the wiki to include Dimple.  Those familiar with this
part of the wiki will now find a complete cross-reference with links to the
following parsing-based projects:

-Dimple
-Digc
-Dmake
-Dbuild
-Ddoc
-Dbindings (for parser.d and lexer.d)
-DGrammar
-Molt
-lr-lalr
-H2D

I'm pretty sure I've left some out.  If you have a parser based project (XML, D,
C, whatever) please post your project into the index on this wiki page.

- EricAnderton at yahoo
Jan 27 2005
parent reply J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
In article <ctbfg6$3031$1 digitaldaemon.com>, pragma says...
With the release of Dimple, it ocurred to me just how many parsers we have
around here.  I went looking, and found the (rather stale) Wiki page:
I think that stale was better than nothing. ;)
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?GrammarParsers

I've updated this page on the wiki to include Dimple.  Those familiar with this
part of the wiki will now find a complete cross-reference with links to the
following parsing-based projects:

-Dimple
-Digc
-Dmake
-Dbuild
-Ddoc
-Dbindings (for parser.d and lexer.d)
-DGrammar
-Molt
-lr-lalr
-H2D
Thanks for setting this up. I set up the originally page because people kept on asking where an ANTLR grammar was and it's easier to put the answers on a wiki page than keep on looking it up in the newsgroups. At least, it's easier for me. Of course, you've made the page a lot more useful now than what I did. It looks good.
I'm pretty sure I've left some out.  If you have a parser based project (XML, D,
C, whatever) please post your project into the index on this wiki page.
There's already some XML parsers here: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?AllLibraries/XmlLibraries Isn't parsing XML a fairly different project than parsing a language like D or Java? We can put them all on the same page if that's the consensus, but it seems different enough to me to warrant a separate list.
- EricAnderton at yahoo
jcc7
Jan 27 2005
parent reply pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <ctbkta$5u6$1 digitaldaemon.com>, J C Calvarese says...
Thanks for setting this up. I set up the originally page because people kept on
asking where an ANTLR grammar was and it's easier to put the answers on a wiki
page than keep on looking it up in the newsgroups. At least, it's easier for me.

Of course, you've made the page a lot more useful now than what I did. It looks
good.
Glad to be of service. Honestly, I was seeking to answer my own question: why aren't people sharing more source? Obviously, there's more than one answer, but this should help with those few who want to get a running start at a new project. Plus I've been studying/researching parsing technologies for months now, so it was easier for me to see it all in one place.
Isn't parsing XML a fairly different project than parsing a language like D or
Java? We can put them all on the same page if that's the consensus, but it
 seems different enough to me to warrant a separate list.
You're right. XML is a very different task from generic parsing and D parsers (after all, XML is supposed to be one of the easier grammars to target). JC, since you're probably following this thread, wasn't there a more recent header to D-file converter project mentioned here in the NG? I went looking but couldn't find it. - EricAnderton at yahoo
Jan 27 2005
next sibling parent J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
In article <ctbn04$8ad$1 digitaldaemon.com>, pragma says...
JC, since you're probably following this thread, wasn't there a more recent
header to D-file converter project mentioned here in the NG?  I went looking but
couldn't find it.
I think you mean this: http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D/14676 I don't think it has a website yet (I didn't notice one). And it's name will probably change since there's the separate project at dsource called "H2D".
- EricAnderton at yahoo
jcc7
Jan 27 2005
Im working on an interface for DMD , its mostly done but still running it through some tests , and trying to understand some parts of the frontend ( like why some Dsymbol's Loc structs are invalid :( ) . I'll post a link to it when im done case anyone wants it . Charlie "pragma" <pragma_member pathlink.com> wrote in message news:ctbn04$8ad$1 digitaldaemon.com...