digitalmars.D - Debugging

reply "tomo" <coffee270 hotmail.com> writes:
Hello, I'm tomo, Japanese. I can not write English well as everyone does.

I am writing a debugger for D now.
But the sources could not be found in Japan and I had to find the sources at
overseas.
I did everything I can think of a long time, but finally I will post a
question to this newsgroup.

I have finished making an easy debugger for D. It works Breakpoint and
Singlestep.

I wanna make a VariableWatch at next.
But I can not get an address of local variables in the executable file the
dmd compiled and linked.
I think that I need to process on sstAlignSym, but I don't know much.

Please tell me how to get it.

(Sorry that difficult English to read. I will study English!)
Jan 26 2005
parent reply "Charles" <no email.com> writes:
Hi tomo,

I have wondered that also.  I think for Microsoft debuggers you would get
the type with a few calls to :

SymGetTypeInfo

and then a ReadProccessMemory after you got the size of the type (
PSYMBOL_INFO.Size and PSYMBOL_INFO.Address )

But DigitalMars doesnt seem to use the same constants for types or the same
type system.  I;ve never gotten Walter to respond on this maybe you will
have more luck!

Charlie

"tomo" <coffee270 hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ct8p6f$2e87$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hello, I'm tomo, Japanese. I can not write English well as everyone does.

 I am writing a debugger for D now.
 But the sources could not be found in Japan and I had to find the sources
at
 overseas.
 I did everything I can think of a long time, but finally I will post a
 question to this newsgroup.

 I have finished making an easy debugger for D. It works Breakpoint and
 Singlestep.

 I wanna make a VariableWatch at next.
 But I can not get an address of local variables in the executable file the
 dmd compiled and linked.
 I think that I need to process on sstAlignSym, but I don't know much.

 Please tell me how to get it.

 (Sorry that difficult English to read. I will study English!)
Jan 26 2005
parent reply "tomo" <coffee270 hotmail.com> writes:
Thanks for the response. It is interesting to feel a time difference between
Japan and your country. I wrote this post at 4:00 AM..

Hmm, I think for my development is getting harder.

I think what I can do  best now is to see a source of debugger that already
exists.
But I don't know what I sould see.

So someone please tell me a site or something about a source of debugger.
http://tomo.panicode.com/index.php?Dixe This is a page about the D
Language
IDE that I'm developing. It's Japanese but please see the screenshots.
I need the source of debugger for this to watch local variables.

tomo
Jan 27 2005
next sibling parent reply interested dot.com writes:
A very interesting venture i must say. But, if i may ask, how to we add d source
files into a project? Is the public beta crippled/limited in some way? You have
done a wonderfull effort...

Regards.
K.T.
Jan 27 2005
parent "tomo" <coffee270 hotmail.com> writes:
Sorry its version is beta and Dixe can not work yet as you do.
I will make a page of English.

Dixe supports multi language for many countries user.

news:ctah5p$1l9q$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Try Dr. Mingw , its a codeview debugger : http://jrfonseca.dyndns.org/projects/gnu-win32/software/drmingw/ also the Cygwin source of GDB: http://www.cygwin.com/ Good Luck! Charlie "tomo" <coffee270 hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ctaf6o$1j25$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Thanks! I will see. Please come to Dixe Wiki and let's talk with me. Dixe Wiki: http://tomo.panicode.com/dixe/ tomo
Jan 27 2005