digitalmars.D - void* to int*?

reply BreMac <BreMac_member pathlink.com> writes:
Well, I've been trying to do file I/O... the only problem is, dmd 0.110 refuses
to allow the conversion from void* to int*, which I find extremely bizarre...
How can   one do file I/O with only the ability to read text (Write, on the
other hand, works fine, since int[] to void[] is of quite workable.)
Have I missed something here? Or is pointer manipulation truly disabled, and I
failed to notice in the documentation?
Jan 21 2005
parent "Thomas Kuehne" <thomas-dloop kuehne.cn> writes:
BreMac schrieb in news:csrmfk$oof$1 digitaldaemon.com :
 Well, I've been trying to do file I/O... the only problem is, dmd 0.110 refuses
 to allow the conversion from void* to int*, which I find extremely bizarre...
 How can   one do file I/O with only the ability to read text (Write, on the
 other hand, works fine, since int[] to void[] is of quite workable.)
 Have I missed something here? Or is pointer manipulation truly disabled, and I
 failed to notice in the documentation?
I currently don't have dmd 0.110 at hand, but the sample below used to work. #import std.c.stdlib; #int main(){ If this fails with the lates dmd version then please send a bug report. Thomas
Jan 22 2005