digitalmars.D - Debugging with WinDbg?

reply Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
So I finally tried to use a debugger with D (WinDbg).  I compiled everything
with -g, set up the symbol and source code paths, and ran the debugger.  I can
step through code just fine but when I try to inspect variables I get a message
saying I need a pdb file.  Is there something I missed, or do I really need to
create this file to inspect variables?  And assuming I have to create a pdb
file, is there any way to do so aside from trying to set up a fake project in
Visual Studio?

Sean
Dec 01 2004
parent "Carlos Santander B." <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
"Sean Kelly" <sean f4.ca> escribió en el mensaje
news:col8dd$e3s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| So I finally tried to use a debugger with D (WinDbg).  I compiled everything
| with -g, set up the symbol and source code paths, and ran the debugger.  I can
| step through code just fine but when I try to inspect variables I get a
message
| saying I need a pdb file.  Is there something I missed, or do I really need to
| create this file to inspect variables?  And assuming I have to create a pdb
| file, is there any way to do so aside from trying to set up a fake project in
| Visual Studio?
|

| Sean

If you find a way to create that pdb file, please tell Walter how you did it,
because he said he doesn't know how.

Carlos Santander Bernal
Dec 01 2004