digitalmars.D - [announce] DUI (linux) for dmd 0.106

reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
I just uploaded the linux version DUI_00.20_99.

it contains a directory "dist" with dui and dool.
untar it move (or not) the dui and dool directories
to where you like and use the makefiles
to create dool, dui and duigl libs

from dool: make dool - creates dool.lib
from dui:
make dui - creates dui.lib
make duigl - creates duigl.lib
make DUITests - creates DUITests
make DUITestGL - creates DUITestGL

main page:
	http://dui.sourceforge.net
download:
	http://dui.sourceforge.net/downloadPage.html
dool impact on DUI:
	http://dui.sourceforge.net/doolImpact.html

no fancy tools or installers for the linux version.

Ant
Nov 21 2004
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> escribió en el mensaje
news:pan.2004.11.21.17.23.37.622744 yahoo.ca...
|I just uploaded the linux version DUI_00.20_99.
|
| it contains a directory "dist" with dui and dool.
| untar it move (or not) the dui and dool directories
| to where you like and use the makefiles
| to create dool, dui and duigl libs
|
| from dool: make dool - creates dool.lib
| from dui:
| make dui - creates dui.lib
| make duigl - creates duigl.lib
| make DUITests - creates DUITests
| make DUITestGL - creates DUITestGL
|
| main page:
| http://dui.sourceforge.net
| download:
| http://dui.sourceforge.net/downloadPage.html
| dool impact on DUI:
| http://dui.sourceforge.net/doolImpact.html
|
| no fancy tools or installers for the linux version.
|
| Ant

It worked for me on Fedora Core 2. However...

All paths are hard-coded! It took me a long while to get both makefiles
functional. I would like, instead, if the paths were variables at the top of
the
makefile, so you could easily change all of them at once.
Same thing with the doxyfiles. And doxygen didn't like that "doc/*.doc" part,
so
I had to comment it.
Oh, and apparently I don't have OpenGl installed, so that didn't work for me.

Other than that, everything seems fine.
-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Nov 22 2004
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:24:29 -0500, Carlos Santander B. wrote:

 "Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> escribió en el mensaje
 news:pan.2004.11.21.17.23.37.622744 yahoo.ca...
 |I just uploaded the linux version DUI_00.20_99.

 It worked for me on Fedora Core 2. However...
:)

 All paths are hard-coded! It took me a long while to get both makefiles
 functional.
:( I don't use the makefiles at all. They are generated by leds just for the distribution. I'll make a better makefile generator... I did try them but obviously the hardcoded paths worked for me... I uploaded a version Modified by the teqdruid. He also removed the OpenGL so if you wan't OpenGL you have to use it from the original Makefile. http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=97723&package_id=136222 Why don't I make a better version? leds is segfaulting after I merged the windows version of the libs and I can't do nothing without leds (I don't know how you can live without it!) this is a linux 'enhancement' so it doesn't affect the DUI windows version. and it's not used on DUI so it doesn't affect the DUI linux either seems to be on dool.String.find(String, int) Ant
Nov 22 2004
parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
 I merged the windows version of the libs and I can't do nothing
 without leds (I don't know how you can live without it!)
I figured it out. just recompile DUI after changing dool! :p I can breathe again. now to prioritize all the tasks I have to do: 1. sleep ... Ant
Nov 22 2004