digitalmars.D - Value-parameters in templates (Bug?)

reply Daniel Keep <daniel.keep dummy.gmail.com> writes:
I think I might have found a(nother) bug :P

Compiling this with w/ dmd, I get:

listtest.d(6): Error: integral type expected for value-parameter, not char[]

As far as I can tell from the D website, this should be perfectly fine,
as it doesn't mention anywhere that the value-parameter must be an int.
  Is the documentation just ambiguous, or is this not yet finished in
the compiler?

	-- Daniel
Nov 17 2004
next sibling parent reply "Simon Buchan" <currently no.where> writes:
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:50:34 +1100, Daniel Keep
 I think I might have found a(nother) bug :P

 Compiling this with w/ dmd, I get:

 listtest.d(6): Error: integral type expected for value-parameter, not
 char[]

 As far as I can tell from the D website, this should be perfectly fine,
 as it doesn't mention anywhere that the value-parameter must be an int.
   Is the documentation just ambiguous, or is this not yet finished in
 the compiler?

 	-- Daniel
I suspect dmd is expecting only one argument for the function strCatMix(), as you only gave one for the template. How are you expecting to use this? I dont know where dmd gets all its ints from, unfortunatly. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
Nov 17 2004
parent reply Daniel Keep <daniel.keep dummy.gmail.com> writes:
Well, it doesn't make any difference if I change the name of the
function/template.  Basically, it's for a functional library I'm toying
with.  It's used like this:

alias strCatMix!(", ")		StrCatComma;
stdout.writeLine("["~StrReduce(&StrCatComma, someListOfStrings)~"]");

Or something like that :P  As near as I can see, the number of
parameters for the template doesn't have any bearing on the number of
parameters in the function.

	-- Daniel

Simon Buchan wrote:
 On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:50:34 +1100, Daniel Keep
 I think I might have found a(nother) bug :P

 Compiling this with w/ dmd, I get:

 listtest.d(6): Error: integral type expected for value-parameter, not
 char[]

 As far as I can tell from the D website, this should be perfectly
 fine,  as it doesn't mention anywhere that the value-parameter must be
 an int.    Is the documentation just ambiguous, or is this not yet
 finished in  the compiler?

     -- Daniel
I suspect dmd is expecting only one argument for the function strCatMix(), as you only gave one for the template. How are you expecting to use this? I dont know where dmd gets all its ints from, unfortunatly.
Nov 17 2004
next sibling parent "Simon Buchan" <currently no.where> writes:
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 01:16:04 +1100, Daniel Keep