digitalmars.D - SDWF 0.4 release

reply Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Treeviews, trackbars, printing and a handful of other features.  And a
few adjustments to avert recently transpired DMD bugs.

http://smjg.port5.com/pr/d/sdwf/

Stewart.
Nov 09 2004
next sibling parent "Asaf Karagila" <kas1 netvision.net.il> writes:
just a correction to what you've written regarding the WinAPI reference,

it DOES have a free, downloadable format of a .hlp file, called win32.hlp
the thing is it was last updated around 4-5 years ago,
not that so many things has been added, but its more over the fact
its hard to find.

there are 2 versions of the file,
10 mb version, which is the older one
22 mb version, which is the "newer" one.
i have them both, if anyone has a web location, i'll be glad to upload.

- Asaf.
Nov 09 2004
prev sibling parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Stewart Gordon" <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:cmqap0$dmk$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| Treeviews, trackbars, printing and a handful of other features.  And a
| few adjustments to avert recently transpired DMD bugs.
|
| http://smjg.port5.com/pr/d/sdwf/
|
| Stewart.

Here's what I get when I try to make the library:

dmd -I..\..\.. -O -c except.d

dmd -I..\..\.. -O -c windowbase.d
windowbase.d(1631): class smjg.libs.sdwf.windowbase.WindowClass 2duplicate
union
initialization for _registered
windowbase.d(1631): class smjg.libs.sdwf.windowbase.WindowClass 2duplicate
union
initialization for _size
windowbase.d(1631): class smjg.libs.sdwf.windowbase.WindowClass 2duplicate
union
initialization for style
windowbase.d(1631): class smjg.libs.sdwf.windowbase.WindowClass 2duplicate
union
initialization for _windowProc
windowbase.d(1631): class smjg.libs.sdwf.windowbase.WindowClass 2duplicate
union
initialization for _classExtraBytes
windowbase.d(1631): class smjg.libs.sdwf.windowbase.WindowClass 2duplicate
union
initialization for _windowExtraBytes
windowbase.d(1631): class smjg.libs.sdwf.windowbase.WindowClass 2duplicate
union
initialization for _instanceHandle
windowbase.d(1631): class smjg.libs.sdwf.windowbase.WindowClass 2duplicate
union
initialization for _icon
windowbase.d(1631): class smjg.libs.sdwf.windowbase.WindowClass 2duplicate
union
initialization for _cursor
windowbase.d(1631): class smjg.libs.sdwf.windowbase.WindowClass 2duplicate
union
initialization for _background
windowbase.d(1631): class smjg.libs.sdwf.windowbase.WindowClass 2duplicate
union
initialization for _menuName
windowbase.d(1631): class smjg.libs.sdwf.windowbase.WindowClass 2duplicate
union
initialization for _className
windowbase.d(1631): class smjg.libs.sdwf.windowbase.WindowClass 2duplicate
union
initialization for _smallIcon

What's weird is that if a run it a second time, I get:

dmd -I..\..\.. -O -c colour.d

dmd -I..\..\.. -O -c application.d

dmd -I..\..\.. -O -c clipboarddata.d

dmd -I..\..\.. -O -c gdiobject.d

dmd -I..\..\.. -O -c dc.d
dc.d(241): class smjg.libs.sdwf.except.UnknownAPIException member this is not
accessible
dc.d(276): class smjg.libs.sdwf.except.UnknownAPIException member this is not
accessible
dc.d(356): class smjg.libs.sdwf.except.UnknownAPIException member this is not
accessible
dc.d(370): class smjg.libs.sdwf.except.UnknownAPIException member this is not
accessible

Anyway, it doesn't compile.

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Nov 10 2004
parent reply Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Carlos Santander B. wrote:
<snip>
 Here's what I get when I try to make the library:
<snip>
 Anyway, it doesn't compile.
Strange - it was working for me perfectly. I'll have to take your errors home and have a look. BTW what version of DMD are you on at the mo? Stewart.
Nov 11 2004
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Stewart Gordon" <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:cmvk5h$2em5$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| Carlos Santander B. wrote:
| <snip>
| > Here's what I get when I try to make the library:
| <snip>
| > Anyway, it doesn't compile.
|
| Strange - it was working for me perfectly.  I'll have to take your
| errors home and have a look.  BTW what version of DMD are you on at the mo?
|
| Stewart.

Sorry, I was meaning to include that. DMD 0.106.

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Nov 11 2004
Carlos Santander B. wrote:
 "Stewart Gordon" <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje
 news:cmvk5h$2em5$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Carlos Santander B.  wrote:
 <snip>
 Here's what I get when I try to make the library:
<snip>
 Anyway, it doesn't compile.
Strange - it was working for me perfectly. I'll have to take your errors home and have a look. BTW what version of DMD are you on at the mo? Stewart.
Sorry, I was meaning to include that. DMD 0.106.
I see. I'm still on 0.105. But the first set of errors is strange - that must be a bug in 0.106. But the second time round, clearly a bug fix has shown up an error in my code. Here are fixes for the offending functions (hopefully there aren't any typos): ---------- void lineTo(int x, int y) { UnknownAPIException.validate(LineTo(hDC, x, y), "LineTo", "DC.lineTo"); } ----- void arc(int left, int top, int right, int bottom, int x1, int y1, int x2, int y2) { UnknownAPIException.validate( Arc(handle, left, top, right, bottom, x1, y1, x2, y2), "Arc", "DC.arc"); } ----- void polyline(Point[] p) in { assert (p.length >= 2); } body { UnknownAPIException.validate( Polyline(handle, cast(POINT*) p, p.length), "Polyline", "DC.polyline"); } } ----- void polylineTo(Point[] p) { UnknownAPIException.validate( PolylineTo(handle, cast(POINT*) p, p.length), "PolylineTo", "DC.polylineTo"); } ---------- But I'll bring out a maintenance release. Stewart.
Nov 12 2004
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Stewart Gordon" <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:cn25se$31e5$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| I see.  I'm still on 0.105.  But the first set of errors is strange -
| that must be a bug in 0.106.  But the second time round, clearly a bug
| fix has shown up an error in my code.
|
| Here are fixes for the offending functions (hopefully there aren't any
| typos):
|
| ----------
| void lineTo(int x, int y) {
|     UnknownAPIException.validate(LineTo(hDC, x, y),
|       "LineTo", "DC.lineTo");
| }
| -----
| void arc(int left, int top, int right, int bottom,
|       int x1, int y1, int x2, int y2) {
|     UnknownAPIException.validate(
|       Arc(handle, left, top, right, bottom, x1, y1, x2, y2),
|       "Arc", "DC.arc");
| }
| -----
| void polyline(Point[] p)
| in {
|     assert (p.length >= 2);
| }
| body {
|     UnknownAPIException.validate(
|       Polyline(handle, cast(POINT*) p, p.length),
|       "Polyline", "DC.polyline");
|     }

        extra bracket here

| }
| -----
| void polylineTo(Point[] p) {
|     UnknownAPIException.validate(
|       PolylineTo(handle, cast(POINT*) p, p.length),
|       "PolylineTo", "DC.polylineTo");
| }
| ----------
|
| But I'll bring out a maintenance release.
|
| Stewart.

Thanks, but it doesn't work for me yet. At the third make, it stops here:

dmd -I..\..\.. -O -c commoncontrol.d
commoncontrol.d(235): class smjg.libs.sdwf.commoncontrol.TreeView.Item member th
is is not accessible
commoncontrol.d(406): class smjg.libs.sdwf.commoncontrol.TreeView.Item member th
is is not accessible

The first two make gave other errors, but it doesn't go further than this.

Carlos Santander Bernal
Nov 14 2004
parent Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Carlos Santander B. wrote:
<snip>
 Thanks, but it doesn't work for me yet. At the third make, it stops here:
<snip> Alas, it isn't SDWF that won't compile, it's DMD 0.106. Been reported over on the bugs 'group: http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D.bugs/2270 Meanwhile, there are two options: go back to 0.105 or wait for 0.107 (or however long it takes). The maintenance release will probably come out shortly after the compiler fix does, but hopefully it won't need to be more than the fixes I posted. Stewart.
Nov 15 2004