digitalmars.D - D.NET 0.102.95

reply Deja Augustine <deja scratch-ware.net> writes:
Hey all, here's another update for those of you who've stopped checking
the D.NET website after it's gone for two weeks without an update.

D.NET 0.102.95 has been released and the change log looks like so:

  * Patched D.NET's front-end code to bring it up to date with DMD 0.102
  * Added inline MSIL instruction support
  * Fixed invariant calls to be based off of the useInvariant flag
rather than the release state

Furthermore, it's been moved to a true alpha release as it's reaching a
usable state.  Now, with the exception of three MSIL instructions,
anything that the D.NET compiler can't directly handle can be
implemented directly via MSIL.

The inline msil hasn't been bugtested extremely thoroughly so there may
very well be quite a few bugs, however, the samples in the main.d source
file work just fine.

Some things that I forsee has being problematic are the call
instructions.  I don't expect them to work very well, and when I have
more time I will fix them properly.

-Deja
Oct 02 2004
parent reply "Lloyd Dupont" <ld NewsAccount.galador.net> writes:
curiosity...
is it inline MSIL or the standart D assembly transformed into MSIL ?
that looks pretty exciting hey :D

BTW what I found great with that is:
I check D regularly and it looks promising but I think, well a new syntax to

But with that I could start D with my favourite classes and later on, who
knows, I might try a native executable with a smooth learning curve....
(I was used to C & Win32, so it will be really smooth)

To make it smoother it would be nice if phobos, or at least part of phobos
was part of D.NET .....
just an idea.....

"Deja Augustine" <deja scratch-ware.net> wrote in message
news:cjmu01$2sg0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Oct 04 2004
parent Deja Augustine <deja scratch-ware.net> writes:
It's real inline MSIL.  It completely replaces the D assembly.

-Deja