digitalmars.D - time-line?

reply "Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle mathworks.com> writes:
not to harp on it, but is there a rough time-line for upcoming dmd/phobos
releases? I'm curious about a few compiler bug fixes and the exceptions
refactoring in phobos. I have another version of MinTL ready to go but I'd
like to know if any big milestone is on the way within a week or so
(anything more than a week and I'll just go ahead and post what I have).

thanks!
-Ben
"Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle mathworks.com> wrote in message
news:ciq2fi$2ah8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 not to harp on it, but is there a rough time-line for upcoming dmd/phobos
 releases? I'm curious about a few compiler bug fixes and the exceptions
 refactoring in phobos. I have another version of MinTL ready to go but I'd
 like to know if any big milestone is on the way within a week or so
 (anything more than a week and I'll just go ahead and post what I have).
I've got a new update almost ready, but it doesn't have the exception refactoring. It mostly fixes compiler bugs.
Sep 21 2004
parent reply Gold Dragon <dragonwing dragonu.net> writes:
Walter wrote:
 "Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle mathworks.com> wrote in message
 news:ciq2fi$2ah8$1 digitaldaemon.com...

not to harp on it, but is there a rough time-line for upcoming dmd/phobos
releases? I'm curious about a few compiler bug fixes and the exceptions
refactoring in phobos. I have another version of MinTL ready to go but I'd
like to know if any big milestone is on the way within a week or so
(anything more than a week and I'll just go ahead and post what I have).
I've got a new update almost ready, but it doesn't have the exception refactoring. It mostly fixes compiler bugs.
You should just post on the front page or something that D will be released when it is ready. Is this one of the most Frequently asked questions? I don't think so but it may be up there. I'm going to do a search... in a few months.
Sep 21 2004
parent reply Ben Hinkle <bhinkle4 juno.com> writes:
Gold Dragon wrote:

 Walter wrote:
 "Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle mathworks.com> wrote in message
 news:ciq2fi$2ah8$1 digitaldaemon.com...

not to harp on it, but is there a rough time-line for upcoming dmd/phobos
releases? I'm curious about a few compiler bug fixes and the exceptions
refactoring in phobos. I have another version of MinTL ready to go but
I'd like to know if any big milestone is on the way within a week or so
(anything more than a week and I'll just go ahead and post what I have).
I've got a new update almost ready, but it doesn't have the exception refactoring. It mostly fixes compiler bugs.
You should just post on the front page or something that D will be released when it is ready. Is this one of the most Frequently asked questions? I don't think so but it may be up there. I'm going to do a search... in a few months.
I didn't mean to imply I was asking about 1.0 - I know the story there. The point releases typically come out every 2 to 3 weeks and we're due :-) There are a few issues that I want to check on in dmd.102 to see if I can update my code. Personally I think 1.0 will be a nice milestone but I'm just going to keep going like nothing out of the ordinary happened. Probably the only difference will be an increase in newsgroup traffic.
Sep 21 2004
parent Gold Dragon <dragonwing dragonu.net> writes:
Well, stab me and call me ded. My bad! Still think there needs to be something
in the FAQ and if there is already something in the FAQ then I'm already dead
so just ignore this comment.

 I didn't mean to imply I was asking about 1.0 - I know the story there. The
 point releases typically come out every 2 to 3 weeks and we're due :-)
 There are a few issues that I want to check on in dmd.102 to see if I can
 update my code.
 Personally I think 1.0 will be a nice milestone but I'm just going to keep
 going like nothing out of the ordinary happened. Probably the only
 difference will be an increase in newsgroup traffic.
Sep 23 2004