digitalmars.D - New features for digc?

reply Burton Radons <burton-radons shaw.ca> writes:
I've isolated digc (the compiler manager utility) from dig and updated
it for newer compiler versions/language features; I'm also removing
certain bugs and idiosyncracies, and I'll document the build file system.

Are there any features that people want?

Secondly, is there a Linux programmer willing to get it working there?
I'm removing as many Windows dependencies as I can find already, but
there's the question of what directories to use for various tasks and
how to deal with ld for shared libraries.  It should just be an hour of
work or so.
Sep 18 2004
next sibling parent reply Burton Radons <burton-radons shaw.ca> writes:
Whoops, also, regarding dfilter.  I know its strings handling was
obsolete and there's the new package keyword.  Are there any other
situations where it produced incorrect results?
Sep 18 2004
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Burton Radons" <burton-radons shaw.ca> escribió en el mensaje
news:ciiap6$g1i$2 digitaldaemon.com
| Whoops, also, regarding dfilter.  I know its strings handling was
| obsolete and there's the new package keyword.  Are there any other
| situations where it produced incorrect results?

Templates and mixins. What about recognizing version(...)? Would it be too much
to ask?

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Sep 18 2004
Carlos Santander B. wrote:

 "Burton Radons" <burton-radons shaw.ca> escribió en el mensaje
 news:ciiap6$g1i$2 digitaldaemon.com
 | Whoops, also, regarding dfilter.  I know its strings handling was
 | obsolete and there's the new package keyword.  Are there any other
 | situations where it produced incorrect results?

 Templates and mixins. What about recognizing version(...)? Would it be too much
 to ask?
I think it would be safe to collapse version blocks and put a note in the documentation that compiling a library locks down its version and debug settings. Okay, that's done. How were templates and mixins failing, specifically?
Sep 18 2004
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Burton Radons" <burton-radons shaw.ca> escribió en el mensaje
news:cij14l$p2n$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| How were templates and mixins failing, specifically?

Sorry, I must've been thinking of something else. They work ok.
I noticed something else, though: imports and module declarations are recognized
as variables. And sometimes some "__pad__" variables appear.

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Sep 19 2004
Carlos Santander B. wrote:

 "Burton Radons" <burton-radons shaw.ca> escribió en el mensaje
 news:cij14l$p2n$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 | How were templates and mixins failing, specifically?

 Sorry, I must've been thinking of something else. They work ok.
 I noticed something else, though: imports and module declarations are
recognized
 as variables. And sometimes some "__pad__" variables appear.
ack, we're talking about different programs. I meant dstrip; the functionality which removes whitespace and function bodies from library source to get a pure ABI. dfilter, which preprocessed code so that it could be handled by Doxygen, is obsolete since newer versions of Doxygen (1.3.6 and up) have support for D. You probably are feeding Doxygen D code that has been partially converted to C by dfilter; remove the dfilter step and it should process better.
Sep 19 2004
parent "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Burton Radons" <burton-radons shaw.ca> escribió en el mensaje
news:cikn0m$1gf0$1 digitaldaemon.com
| ack, we're talking about different programs.  I meant dstrip; the
| functionality which removes whitespace and function bodies from library
| source to get a pure ABI.

lol!
There was something with dstrip about placing newlines wrongly. Maybe you should
check the unDig forums at dsource. There was a conversation about dstrip a while
ago.

| dfilter, which preprocessed code so that it could be handled by Doxygen,
| is obsolete since newer versions of Doxygen (1.3.6 and up) have support
| for D.  You probably are feeding Doxygen D code that has been partially
| converted to C by dfilter; remove the dfilter step and it should process
| better.

I'm gonna have to check that.

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Sep 19 2004
prev sibling parent reply Charlie <Charlie_member pathlink.com> writes:
Are there any features that people want?
Is digc still linking against a default .rc file ? That was causing some problems when another .rc file was used for me.
Secondly, is there a Linux programmer willing to get it working there?
I'd be willing too. Whats the status on shared libs w/ respect to linux ? Charlie In article <ciiamn$g1i$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Burton Radons says...

parent Burton Radons <burton-radons shaw.ca> writes:
Charlie wrote:
Are there any features that people want?
Is digc still linking against a default .rc file ? That was causing some problems when another .rc file was used for me.
It generates a .res file; I've added a command-line option to suppress doing so (-no-create-assembly-file). Do you have any examples of .rc files which caused problems?
Sep 18 2004