c++ - can not open input file iostream

reply patrick <patrick_member pathlink.com> writes:
hi,
I just recently downloaded the free c++ compiler and tried to compile a simple
hello world program.  When I try and compile the program it says "can not open
input file iostream" can anyone help me with this.  I downloaded the thing it
says to use for iostream but this is message is all i get

Please e-mail me pm53845 appstate.edu

Thank you,
-Pat
Make sure and use the switch:
    -I\dm\stlport\stlport
to compile with.

"patrick" <patrick_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:d4hpsp$rph$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 hi,
 I just recently downloaded the free c++ compiler and tried to compile a
simple
 hello world program.  When I try and compile the program it says "can not
open
 input file iostream" can anyone help me with this.  I downloaded the thing
it
 says to use for iostream but this is message is all i get

 Please e-mail me pm53845 appstate.edu

 Thank you,
 -Pat
Apr 24 2005
parent reply Patrick <Patrick_member pathlink.com> writes:
how exactly do i use the switch i have it typed in right now as
dm\bin\dmc helloworld.c -I\dm\stlport\stlport and tried to compile and it said
FATAL ERROR: unable to open input file  '../include/stddef.h'
any ideas Like do you think that I might haveinstalled the plugin in the wrong
place?  Just to make sure I have it right plesae tell me what directory to put
in the original program and then where do i put the iostream plug in in?n  Thank
you.

-Pat

In article <d4ht7q$veg$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Make sure and use the switch:
    -I\dm\stlport\stlport
to compile with.

"patrick" <patrick_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:d4hpsp$rph$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 hi,
 I just recently downloaded the free c++ compiler and tried to compile a
simple
 hello world program.  When I try and compile the program it says "can not
open
 input file iostream" can anyone help me with this.  I downloaded the thing
it
 says to use for iostream but this is message is all i get

 Please e-mail me pm53845 appstate.edu

 Thank you,
 -Pat
Apr 25 2005
parent KTC <me here.com> writes:
Patrick <Patrick_member pathlink.com> for some reason wrote:

 how exactly do i use the switch i have it typed in right now as
 dm\bin\dmc helloworld.c -I\dm\stlport\stlport and tried to
 compile and it said FATAL ERROR: unable to open input file
 '../include/stddef.h' any ideas Like do you think that I might
 haveinstalled the plugin in the wrong place?  Just to make sure
 I have it right plesae tell me what directory to put in the
 original program and then where do i put the iostream plug in
 in?n  Thank you.

 -Pat

Say you have put the unzipped dm folder for dmc into C:\, then just put the unzipped folders for stlport into the same place (i.e. C:\). Example of directory structures: C:\dm C:\dm\bin <-- where dmc.exe is .... C:\dm\stlport .... C:\dm\stlport\stlport <-- where it contains file such as iostream Then to compile a file would been with a command line such as: \dm\bin\dmc.exe helloworld.cpp -I\dm\stlport\stlport\ KTC -- Experience is a good school but the fees are high. - Heinrich Heine
Apr 25 2005