c++ - string problems

reply "Jack Spargo" <jackman17 btinternet.com> writes:
Hi, I'm a bit of a C++ newbie,
When I try and compile with #include<string>
I get this message:

C:\dm>bin\dmc mess
C:\DM\BIN\..\include\stl/_alloc.h(134) : Error: undefined identifier
'__stl_new'

C:\DM\BIN\..\include\stl/_alloc.h(135) : Error: undefined identifier
'__stl_dele
te'
--- errorlevel 1

I tried 'using namespace::std', as I read on the News Group Site, but this
didnt help.Please help me!
Thanks for your time,
Jack
Oct 17 2004
next sibling parent "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
You may have to ensure that STLport is in your include path. DMC++ is
pretty shaky now with the old, default, SGI STL.

You need to search around the NG for advice on this. (Sorry I can't
delve around in my own setups at the mo, but am short on time.)

"Jack Spargo" <jackman17 btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:ckud89$usm$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi, I'm a bit of a C++ newbie,
 When I try and compile with #include<string>
 I get this message:

 C:\dm>bin\dmc mess
 C:\DM\BIN\..\include\stl/_alloc.h(134) : Error: undefined identifier
 '__stl_new'

 C:\DM\BIN\..\include\stl/_alloc.h(135) : Error: undefined identifier
 '__stl_dele
 te'
 --- errorlevel 1

 I tried 'using namespace::std', as I read on the News Group Site, but
this
 didnt help.Please help me!
 Thanks for your time,
 Jack
Oct 17 2004
prev sibling parent reply "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Compile with the following switch:

    -I\dm\stlport\stlport

and it should work.

"Jack Spargo" <jackman17 btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:ckud89$usm$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi, I'm a bit of a C++ newbie,
 When I try and compile with #include<string>
 I get this message:

 C:\dm>bin\dmc mess
 C:\DM\BIN\..\include\stl/_alloc.h(134) : Error: undefined identifier
 '__stl_new'

 C:\DM\BIN\..\include\stl/_alloc.h(135) : Error: undefined identifier
 '__stl_dele
 te'
 --- errorlevel 1

 I tried 'using namespace::std', as I read on the News Group Site, but this
 didnt help.Please help me!
 Thanks for your time,
 Jack
Oct 17 2004
parent reply "Jack Spargo" <jackman17 btinternet.com> writes:
Thanks, seems to have fixed that problem!

One more question though - I am trying to run a batch file from the program
but want the user to be able to add a file to run in the batch. Can the
system(FileName) work, where FileName is a string containing the path of the
batch with the string of the user-defined file appended to it?

Thanks again!

"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:ckv8fk$1qmc$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Compile with the following switch:

     -I\dm\stlport\stlport

 and it should work.

 "Jack Spargo" <jackman17 btinternet.com> wrote in message
 news:ckud89$usm$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi, I'm a bit of a C++ newbie,
 When I try and compile with #include<string>
 I get this message:

 C:\dm>bin\dmc mess
 C:\DM\BIN\..\include\stl/_alloc.h(134) : Error: undefined identifier
 '__stl_new'

 C:\DM\BIN\..\include\stl/_alloc.h(135) : Error: undefined identifier
 '__stl_dele
 te'
 --- errorlevel 1

 I tried 'using namespace::std', as I read on the News Group Site, but
this
 didnt help.Please help me!
 Thanks for your time,
 Jack
Oct 18 2004
"Jack Spargo" <jackman17 btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:cl1d8n$14pk$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Thanks, seems to have fixed that problem!

 One more question though - I am trying to run a batch file from the
program
 but want the user to be able to add a file to run in the batch. Can the
 system(FileName) work, where FileName is a string containing the path of
the
 batch with the string of the user-defined file appended to it?

 Thanks again!
Try it, I think it should work.
Oct 19 2004
parent Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.us> writes:
Walter wrote:

 "Jack Spargo" <jackman17 btinternet.com> wrote in message
 news:cl1d8n$14pk$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Thanks, seems to have fixed that problem!

One more question though - I am trying to run a batch file from the
program
but want the user to be able to add a file to run in the batch. Can the
system(FileName) work, where FileName is a string containing the path of
the
batch with the string of the user-defined file appended to it?

Thanks again!
Try it, I think it should work.
Actually I think for a .bat or .cmd file he will have to load cmd.exe as: system ( "cmd.exe /c <file>.bat" ); Jan -- ManiaC++ Jan Knepper But as for me and my household, we shall use Mozilla... www.mozilla.org
Oct 19 2004