c++ - strange compile error in stropts.h

reply "Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen remedy.nl> writes:
Hi,

I get the following errors when building ACE, we don't define uid or gid as
macro's. Anyone an idea?

Johnny

Digital Mars Compiler Version 8.41n

        o_uid_t uid;
                  ^
c:\dm\bin\..\include\sys/stropts.h(148) : Error: ';' expected following
declaration of struct member
        o_gid_t gid;
                  ^
c:\dm\bin\..\include\sys/stropts.h(149) : Error: ';' expected following
declaration of struct member
--- errorlevel 1
It likely means that o_uid_t is not defined, so the parser thinks it's a
declaration for o_uid_t.
Sep 22 2004
parent reply "Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen remedy.nl> writes:
Hi,

Yes you are correct, o_uid_t and o_gid_t are not defined, when I add the
typedefs below to my code the errors are gone, any idea how I could run into
the situation where the DMC header files don't define o_uid_t and o_gid_t?

Johnny

     typedef long o_uid_t;
     typedef long o_gid_t;

"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:cit2bd$32q$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 It likely means that o_uid_t is not defined, so the parser thinks it's a
 declaration for o_uid_t.

Sep 23 2004
parent reply Scott Michel <scottm aero.org> writes:
Johnny Willemsen wrote:

 Hi,

 Yes you are correct, o_uid_t and o_gid_t are not defined, when I add the
 typedefs below to my code the errors are gone, any idea how I could run into
 the situation where the DMC header files don't define o_uid_t and o_gid_t?
Care to illuminate the rest of us as to what o_uid_t and o_gid_t are supposed to be in the Win32 environment? I even looked on my FreeBSD box and didn't find those two typedefs. Perhaps they are dependent on "configure" detecting them in the platform's environment?
Sep 23 2004
parent reply "Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen remedy.nl> writes:
Hi,

 Yes you are correct, o_uid_t and o_gid_t are not defined, when I add the
 typedefs below to my code the errors are gone, any idea how I could run
 into the situation where the DMC header files don't define o_uid_t and
 o_gid_t?
Care to illuminate the rest of us as to what o_uid_t and o_gid_t are supposed to be in the Win32 environment?
I have to search for it, but in types.h of the DMC compiler they are there, but between some ifdefs, didn't had time to analyze them. Johnny
Sep 23 2004
next sibling parent "Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen remedy.nl> writes:
Hi,

For the interested ones, our build results are online visible at
http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~remedynl/dm/. We are working on the errors,
linker options are not handled correct.

Regards

Johnny Willemsen

Remedy IT

Leeghwaterstraat 25

2811 DT Reeuwijk

The Netherlands

www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl

"Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen remedy.nl> wrote in message
news:civ78m$1vmr$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi,

 Yes you are correct, o_uid_t and o_gid_t are not defined, when I add the
 typedefs below to my code the errors are gone, any idea how I could run
 into the situation where the DMC header files don't define o_uid_t and
 o_gid_t?
Care to illuminate the rest of us as to what o_uid_t and o_gid_t are supposed to be in the Win32 environment?
I have to search for it, but in types.h of the DMC compiler they are there, but between some ifdefs, didn't had time to analyze them. Johnny
Sep 29 2004
prev sibling parent reply "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen remedy.nl> wrote in message
news:civ78m$1vmr$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi,

 Yes you are correct, o_uid_t and o_gid_t are not defined, when I add
the
 typedefs below to my code the errors are gone, any idea how I could run
 into the situation where the DMC header files don't define o_uid_t and
 o_gid_t?
Care to illuminate the rest of us as to what o_uid_t and o_gid_t are supposed to be in the Win32 environment?
I have to search for it, but in types.h of the DMC compiler they are
there,
 but between some ifdefs, didn't had time to analyze them.
They're defined for unix builds, not for Win32 builds.
Sep 30 2004
parent reply "Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen remedy.nl> writes:
Hi

 Yes you are correct, o_uid_t and o_gid_t are not defined, when I add
the
 typedefs below to my code the errors are gone, any idea how I could
 run
 into the situation where the DMC header files don't define o_uid_t and
 o_gid_t?
Care to illuminate the rest of us as to what o_uid_t and o_gid_t are supposed to be in the Win32 environment?
I have to search for it, but in types.h of the DMC compiler they are
there,
 but between some ifdefs, didn't had time to analyze them.
They're defined for unix builds, not for Win32 builds.
Why not just define them for win32. ACE/TAO uses them just in interfaces on Win32, the methods themselves are then without implementation. Johnny
Oct 05 2004
"Johnny Willemsen" <jwillemsen remedy.nl> wrote in message
news:cjtksf$2m0s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

I'm reluctant to do that because they don't make any sense for win32.
Oct 05 2004