c++.windows.32-bits - _wmemmove not defined

reply Scott Michel <scottm aero.org> writes:
Walter:

In which library is this symbol supposed to be defined? The prototypes
exist in string.h and wchar.h, but after grepping src and lib, I wasn't
able to successfully find it.

Any clue?

-scooter
Jul 12 2004
Hmm. Looks like I need to add it. -Walter

news:ccuqu8$2vn6$1 digitaldaemon.com...

parent reply Scott Michel <scottm aero.org> writes:
Walter wrote:

 Hmm. Looks like I need to add it. -Walter
I can get around it for the time being by tweaking STLport's stl_dm.h file. However, considering how unclean STLport's code becomes when wide character support is turned off and the outcry from the usual I18N suspects, I'll see if I can code up a small implementation to save you some work. -scooter
Jul 12 2004
parent Scott Michel <scottm aero.org> writes:
 I can get around it for the time being by tweaking STLport's stl_dm.h
 file. However, considering how unclean STLport's code becomes when wide
 character support is turned off and the outcry from the usual I18N
 suspects, I'll see if I can code up a small implementation to save you
 some work.
Walter: The Q&D hack would be something like: wchar_t *wmemmove(wchar_t *dst, wchar_t *src, size_t n) { return ((wchar_t *) memmove(dst, src, n * sizeof(wchar_t)); } I'm not sure what your specific code style looks like, but if it would be helpful, I'll cook something up for consideration in the next DMC beta. -scooter
Jul 15 2004