c++ - Boost support on digital mars

reply "Jonathan Turkanis" <technews kangaroologic.com> writes:
I am eager to try some of my code on Digital Mars, but have been waiting
patiently for notification that the template related bugs in Digital Mars
C++ have been corrected so that Boost will be fully supported (see the Boost
link on the DM homepage).

I was therefore intrigued by the recent thread involving Boost and
preprocessor concatenation, since it suggests than the impediments to
compiling Boost are now mostly resolved.

Is this problem -- which should be easily correctable by modifying the Boost
source -- the last remaining issue?

Has anyone configured Boost for Digiatl Mars?

Jonathan Turkanis
Dec 06 2003
parent reply dan <dan_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bqtgjp$ie4$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Jonathan Turkanis says...
I am eager to try some of my code on Digital Mars, but have been waiting
patiently for notification that the template related bugs in Digital Mars
C++ have been corrected so that Boost will be fully supported (see the Boost
link on the DM homepage).
After exchanging emails int the past few days, first with Paul Mensonides and then with Aleksey Gurtovoy, Aleksey (who I understand is the author of the MPL library) has agreed to start work on supporting DM, with whatever help I can provide, which is not much since I'm neither too familiar with DM nor Boost for that matter. I'm almost done updating the original diff file for boost version 1.30.0, by Christof Meerwald, so that it works with boost version 1.30.2. Should be finished in a few hours. It includes a few new fixes not in the original diff. Email me at "danw (removenospam)raytron-controls.com" and I'll send it to you --for experimental purposes only. I'm simply using an MPL state_machine example called player.cpp, for now, which uses the MPL and lambda libraries extensively. I does not compile yet, but we're getting there. Cheers!
Dec 06 2003
"dan" <dan_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bquaof$26ac$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]
Thanks, Dan. Please ask them that when they encounter problems with DMC++, if they could reproduce them with a small test case, and email them to me. I can then add them to the queue to be fixed.
Dec 07 2003
parent dan <dan_member pathlink.com> writes:
Thanks, Dan. Please ask them that when they encounter problems with DMC++,
if they could reproduce them with a small test case, and email them to me. I
can then add them to the queue to be fixed.
Will do. I just finished working on the diff; I'll email it to you so you can have a look at it. 99% of it is Christof's work, and the rest of what's there as of yet, I've already reported test cases to you, in previous posts. Cheers! dan
Dec 07 2003