c++ - Help!!!

reply ben_solaron yahoo.com writes:
I am trying to get my compiler to work for any code but all it says is error
level 1 or something like that.  I know that this code works.  I think that I
have set up my directory right.  I have adjusted the sc file.  The code that I
have mainly been trying is:

#include <stdio.h>
void main()
{
printf("Hello World From About\n");
}

I got it from about.com's tutorial and i know that it is the most basic, most
commonly used code other than "From About".  I am using windows xp if that
helps.
Sep 17 2003
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
<ben_solaron yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:bkb9kr$1a9q$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I am trying to get my compiler to work for any code but all it says is
error
 level 1 or something like that.  I know that this code works.  I think
that I
 have set up my directory right.  I have adjusted the sc file.  The code
that I
 have mainly been trying is:

 #include <stdio.h>
 void main()
 {
 printf("Hello World From About\n");
 }

 I got it from about.com's tutorial and i know that it is the most basic,
most
 commonly used code other than "From About".  I am using windows xp if that
 helps.
Try from a command prompt: \dm\bin\dmc test.c
Sep 17 2003
prev sibling parent Paul McKenzie <paul paul.net> writes:
ben_solaron yahoo.com wrote:
 I am trying to get my compiler to work for any code but all it says is error
 level 1 or something like that.  I know that this code works.  I think that I
 have set up my directory right.  I have adjusted the sc file.  The code that I
 have mainly been trying is:

 #include <stdio.h>
 void main()
 {
 printf("Hello World From About\n");
 }

Heck, your lucky Walter is a nice guy and didn't have strict ANSI C++ checking on for your program ;) Your program shouldn't even compile, since according to ANSI specs, main() is supposed to return an int, not void. Paul
Sep 23 2003