c++ - wxWindows ??

reply "Yeric" <REMOVEamigabloke yahoo.co.ukREMOVE> writes:
Hi ,

Anybody successfully compiled and run wxWindows 2.4.1 ??

If so how did you manage it ?

TIA
Jul 26 2003
parent reply Arjan Knepper <arjan ask.me> writes:
Yes I did.

Created a project in the idde using the supplied make files as reference
for the files to include.

There are also up-to-date make files for DMC in the 2.5.0 branch.

Arjan

Yeric wrote:
 Hi ,

 Anybody successfully compiled and run wxWindows 2.4.1 ??

 If so how did you manage it ?

 TIA

Jul 26 2003
next sibling parent "Yeric" <REMOVEamigabloke yahoo.co.ukREMOVE> writes:
Thanks very much for the info

I am awaiting my CD to arrive, so I will check it out then

Regards
Yeric
news:bfu8gr$246$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Yeric wrote:
 Hi ,

 Anybody successfully compiled and run wxWindows 2.4.1 ??

 If so how did you manage it ?

 TIA
Jul 27 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent "Włodzimierz Skiba" <abx abx.art.pl> writes:
Arjan Knepper <arjan ask.me> wrote in news:bfu8gr$246$1 digitaldaemon.com:
 There are also up-to-date make files for DMC in the 2.5.0 branch.
If you mean CVS HEAD as 2.5.0 branch then it is not correct. wxWindows is in have process of changing building system to bakefile driven process which means better/automatic makefile generations (see http://bakefile.sourceforge.net/ ). DMC related makefile not switched to bakefile system yet and changes to old makefiles are not continued so CVS head probably does not work with DMC at this moment. For sure there were one bug report related to DMC and current HEAD with old makefiles which was not reported as fixed by Walter yet (though I'm not sure if it still exist) http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?c%2B%2B.windows.32-bits/578 ABX
Jul 28 2003
prev sibling parent reply "Yeric" <REMOVEamigabloke yahoo.co.ukREMOVE> writes:
 Created a project in the idde using the supplied make files as reference
 for the files to include.
Hi Which makefile did you use ??? I cant see one in the wxwin src dir for dmc ? wxwin states dmc is supported in 2.4.1 and tested under 8.34 beta ( ihave cd version of 8.34 ) thanks
Aug 01 2003
Yeric wrote:

Created a project in the idde using the supplied make files as reference
for the files to include.
Hi Which makefile did you use ??? I cant see one in the wxwin src dir for dmc ?
I used the one for M$VC. It is really simple. Just create a project and add all de files listed in de wxwin/src/msw/makefile.vc to the project. Use the precompiled header wxprec.h as precompiled header.
 wxwin states dmc is supported in 2.4.1 and tested under 8.34 beta ( ihave cd
 version of 8.34 )
The make files for dmc does not seem to be included in wxWindows.
Aug 02 2003
parent reply "Yeric" <REMOVEamigabloke yahoo.co.ukREMOVE> writes:
"> I used the one for M$VC. It is really simple. Just create a project and
 add all de files listed in de wxwin/src/msw/makefile.vc to the project.
 Use the precompiled header wxprec.h as precompiled header.
hi I managed to build the files as release and debug static libs thanks for your help BTW, did you manage to build them as dll ??? also is there a way to force the extension to say .lib rather than the .obj that dmc produces Thanks Yeric
Aug 06 2003
parent reply "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Do you have the makefile and build for wxWindows ?  Id like to get a copy.

Charles
"Yeric" <REMOVEamigabloke yahoo.co.ukREMOVE> wrote in message
news:bgrml8$1fgh$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "> I used the one for M$VC. It is really simple. Just create a project and
 add all de files listed in de wxwin/src/msw/makefile.vc to the project.
 Use the precompiled header wxprec.h as precompiled header.
hi I managed to build the files as release and debug static libs thanks for your help BTW, did you manage to build them as dll ??? also is there a way to force the extension to say .lib rather than the
.obj
 that dmc produces

 Thanks
 Yeric
Aug 14 2003
Charles Sanders wrote:

 Do you have the makefile and build for wxWindows ?  Id like to get a copy.

Alas no I built it as Arjan suggested, but had to comment out lots of code to get it to compile, this turned out not to be a good thing <g> as when I tied to use te libs unsurprisingly it just crashed all the time I believe soon that this will be built for dm, and I cant wait cheers Yeric
Aug 15 2003
parent Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.us> writes:
I just build is Yesterday and most examples but a few seem to work just fine.
May be it is time to create a new newsgroup for this c++.wxWindows.

Yeric wrote:

 Charles Sanders wrote:

 Do you have the makefile and build for wxWindows ?  Id like to get a copy.
Alas no I built it as Arjan suggested, but had to comment out lots of code to get it to compile, this turned out not to be a good thing <g> as when I tied to use te libs unsurprisingly it just crashed all the time I believe soon that this will be built for dm, and I cant wait cheers Yeric
-- ManiaC++ Jan Knepper
Aug 15 2003