c++ - OpenMP support?

reply Ilya Minkov <midiclub 8ung.at> writes:
It appears that on recent Pentium 4, hyper-threading support can be
enabled. I believe the software can use it through OpenMP compiler
extensions. Are these planned for DMC?

-i.
"Ilya Minkov" <midiclub 8ung.at> wrote in message
news:bd4as0$11b5$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 It appears that on recent Pentium 4, hyper-threading support can be
 enabled. I believe the software can use it through OpenMP compiler
 extensions. Are these planned for DMC?
I don't know anything about them.
Jun 22 2003
parent reply Ilya Minkov <midiclub 8ung.at> writes:
Walter wrote:
 I don't know anything about them.
Not that i do. :) I'm not really sure of value. http://www.openmp.org/ -i.
Jun 22 2003
parent Ilya Minkov <midiclub 8ung.at> writes:
Oh, i'm sorry, i believe this link is somewhat misleading - it's only
the OpenMP which is a programming interface. You also need to find out
about its hardware counterpart - supported in latest Pentium 4 CPUs,
requiering mainboard and OS support as well - HyperThreading. Rumors say
that it's a Good Thing for multithreaded applications, but i really know
nothing beyond, nor whether it makes much sense for your compiler. Intel
has it, but so far none else. It's hard to compete against intel
compiler on speed anyway.

-i.